GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Columbus Blue Jackets, Friday 7pm , MSG, Sling & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No he is stopping pucks 

UPL is like a different player after the three goalie rotation ended…

Gotta believe Mike Bales coaching is helping him… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Bryson out for the final 40 sec?

Just a guess....you want someone who is 'quicker' with a good first step to get to a loose puck and knock it out of the zone?  With that little time left, not worrying about someone making a good decision on who to cover on a 2-on-1, or making a great breakout pass.....just simply a quick guy to get his stick on a loose puck? I'm probably reaching....

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Just a guess....you want someone who is 'quicker' with a good first step to get to a loose puck and knock it out of the zone?  With that little time left, not worrying about someone making a good decision on who to cover on a 2-on-1, or making a great breakout pass.....just simply a quick guy to get his stick on a loose puck? I'm probably reaching....

Who was he paired with? 

Zemgus with 1 goal in 11 minutes....   Tage with no goals in 17 minutes...  Have to check the stats tomorrow, but Zemgus may have caught/passed Tage in terms of even strength goals per 60 minutes played...for 5th on the team.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Who was he paired with? 

didn't really see....was mostly following the puck when watching it live.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gomper said:

I know MSG doesn't care trivial stats like this but Sabres outshot them 38-27

It would be nice if MSG would show the tally during the game vs. between periods or having to turn to another channel to get that info.  Ongoing pet peeve of mine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Missed everything after the 1st (radio-only anyway). Sounds like UPL goalied 'em more than Tarasov goalied the Sabres.

Yep.

On to Carolina Sunday… Go Sabres… Make it three in a row

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

It would be nice if MSG would show the tally during the game vs. between periods or having to turn to another channel to get that info.  Ongoing pet peeve of mine.

But Dahlin skated at an average of 22 1 MPH. Surely that's more important. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Same...how hard is it to put the graphic for shot totals next to the score? Literally every other team in the NHL does it. Which is why I always watch the opponent feed.

• Like (+1) 2

Some quick thoughts on this game: The transformation of UPL into a stalworth goalie is amazing. He's a big fellow who is playing big. Calm with no frantic movement to his game. His rebound control during his recent exceptional stint has been exceptional. It seems that when there is a rebound that it is directed towards a safe area. 

In this type of game it is difficult to single out the individual play of anyone. Everyone gave good effort throughout, and everyone seemed to be very conscious about their defensive responsibilities. 

I always considered Bryson to be a utility player who would be brought up when needed. He's not getting a load of minutes but when he is on the ice he is not a liability. 

Clifton was a good pickup. Nothing special but solid. I consider him to be a good third pairing player who provides some grit to the unit. 

Dahlin is playing a ton of minutes. He has been smart about picking his spots and husbanding his energy. 

I thought that Tage played well along with Tuch. 

I don't want to over interpret a win against Columbus. But it is glaringly evident that this team plays a tighter game on the road. If this team would play like it does on the road at home, the Sabres would be a playoff team. A win is a win. One game at a time.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Same...how hard is it to put the graphic for shot totals next to the score? Literally every other team in the NHL does it. Which is why I always watch the opponent feed.

I'm certain it's not the only reason lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.