GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Columbus Blue Jackets, Friday 7pm , MSG, Sling & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

I have no idea what is happening.   Dan told me: 

• Puck comes out.  
  • He Throws it at round.  
  • Keeps it moving 

I guess I just listen until it ends, then I’ll know the score. 

40 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I try to like Dahlin. I really do. He is my salmon of hockey players.

He is your carp. Admit it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I have no idea what is happening.   Dan told me: 

• Puck comes out.  
  • He Throws it at round.  
  • Keeps it moving 

I guess I just listen until it ends, then I’ll know the score. 

He is your carp. Admit it. 

Tuna is the opposite of salmon.

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

UPL is a wall 

Interestingly enough, analytics suggest that the team playing better defensively is most of the reason and his actual numbers are not that much above where they would be expected.

Possible there could be a large split between 1st half and 2nd half of the season tho and those numbers are significantly better in the 15-20 games.

6 minutes ago, Believer said:

Tarasov is keeping Columbus in the game… 37 saves… 6 by Thompson.

Thompson's shooting percentage is dangerously close to going into single digits...after being almost 16 last year and 15 the year before.  I HOPE there is an injury he is playing through becuase it just doesn't make sense otherwise.  He would have 26 goals this year already if he just shot at the same percentage he did the last couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Interestingly enough, analytics suggest that the team playing better defensively is most of the reason and his actual numbers are not that much above where they would be expected.

Possible there could be a large split between 1st half and 2nd half of the season tho and those numbers are significantly better in the 15-20 games.

I don't get too far into the analytics/fancy stats.....but the 'eye test' for me shows the forwards are playing MUCH better since January 1st. Its like someone flipped some kind of switch then and the forwards are making a fraction of the obvious mistakes they made until then.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

No he is stopping pucks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Better rebound control (maybe)?

I think its a bit of everything. He is playing well. The forwards aren't leaving wide open areas in the D-zone. Because the forwards are playing better, that helps the D-men to play better/be in better position.  They could all be tied into together.  It might ultimately be UPL playing better BECAUSE he has more confidence the team in front of him isn't going to hang him out to dry...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.