GDT/ Florida Panthers @ Buffalo Sabres Thurs 7pm MSG-ESPN+ WGR

Shoot da Puck

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I'd really love to know why Benson has gotten so many ticky tack penalties this year?

Seriously, so many soft calls on him!

Reffing isn’t Sabres biased but it’s definitely young players biased. 

refs feel the need to “learn ‘em”

it’s rather a joke, yes 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I'd really love to know why Benson has gotten so many ticky tack penalties this year?

Seriously, so many soft calls on him!

He is reckless with his stick. It's a call that can be ignored but it's also just dumb. I don't care though. He's still outplaying Skinner and several others. Where's Tage? It's the return of the giraffe. Absolutely useless floater. 

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

To mr X on my post. Go watch your favorite team and kick rocks. 

U don't deserve that moniker.

Marchandforever. Go wash his balls.

Go wash marchands balls you hack.

I will disagree with everything you say from now on. 

***** the chowdaheads!

Ah poor baby doesn't like being disagreed with. Go whine like Skinner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

Astounding Adams revealed Pegula watches all the games…

Wonder what Pegula is thinking when fans boo his team off the ice?

Wonder what he is saying to Adams when his team misses the playoffs for the 13th straight year… and still have half a season to play??

Does Pegula ever express displeasure with his Sabre management team?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s just a shame the team has to sacrifice so much of their free-wheeling offence when he’s in net. They really, really have to baby him back there since he’s not an NHL caliber goalie 

Yet when UPL is in net they still struggle to score and have the 29th ranked power play. So that’s a false premise.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

He is reckless with his stick. It's a call that can be ignored but it's also just dumb. I don't care though. He's still outplaying Skinner and several others. Where's Tage? It's the return of the giraffe. Absolutely useless floater. 

Ah poor baby doesn't like being disagreed with. Go whine like Skinner. 

I just don't like fans of other teams coming in here and acting like Sabres fans. 

It's obvious you switched teams years ago. 

I'll never quit on this team like you did.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Does Adams want to be there? 

Does Adams want to be here?… Never mind… I forgot… Adams has a plan.

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

Yet when UPL is in net they still struggle to score and have the 29th ranked power play. So that’s a false premise.

They definitely seem to play better when confident in their goalie. It’s anecdotal, I could be wrong. Certainly feels that way. Record seems to reflect it.

Powerplay is an entirely different issue

The thing about Comrie is he’s objectively bad. There aren’t any arguments in his favour. His numbers aren’t NHL worthy, below replacement. If someone can defend Comrie, they can defend anyone 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Astounding Adams revealed Pegula watches all the games…

Wonder what Pegula is thinking when fans boo his team off the ice?

Wonder what he is saying to Adams when his team misses the playoffs for the 13th straight year… and still have half a season to play??

Does Pegula ever express displeasure with his Sabre management team?

Adams probably has the 9-3 win over Toronto on a loop at the Pegula house, and Terry doesn’t notice.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

They definitely seem to play better when confident in their goalie. It’s anecdotal, I could be wrong. Certainly feels that way. Record seems to reflect it.

The thing about Comrie is he’s objectively bad. There aren’t any arguments in his favour. His numbers aren’t NHL worthy, below replacement. If someone can defend Comrie, they can defend anyone 

I’m not defending Comrie, but they play just as bad in front of UPL, as evidenced by their inability to score in so many games.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m irrationally annoyed that Tuch opened his post game with “I think them getting the first goal was the difference tonight.”

I really like Tuch the player, the teammate, and the person. But Jesus dude…

45 BS shots to the center of the chest from 30 feet out won’t get it done in the ECHL let alone the NHL. 

Also, these fanatics hats almost never fit anybody properly. I can’t believe they have a 10 year contract. 

Well, another useless effort.  I just got home from the game. The degree to which they got outworked in 50/50 battles for the puck was obscene. Something is very wrong here and I have no confidence they'll identify it or fix it. At least I picked up some good wings on the ride home.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Personally sick of listening to Tuch make excuses for losses… Not a leader mentality… 

His mindset reminds me of Kevyn Adams tbh. Two of the guys I feel like I know the very least about in the organization. Everything they say comes off like a 2D stock quote 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Not defending Comrie. But he made some saves.

He needs to be replaced. Full stop. But he’s not why this team lost tonight either. 

Just now, Mango said:

Not defending Comrie. But he made some saves.

He needs to be replaced. Full stop. But he’s not why this team lost tonight either. 

No goalie could be the reason we lost in a game we don’t score. It doesn’t really say anything 

The presence of an issue doesn’t preclude the existence of another issue, I never understand this logic 

What this team needs is simply not already a part of it today.  They need a GM and a coach with an FU attitude and they also needed different players who bring the same FU attitude.  Look at Philadelphia as an example.  No amount of lipstick on this pig will deliver what we want.

• Agree 3

I have to believe Pegula has checked out, how can there be 0 changes when your team is this terrible at everything? We haven't even got rid of a single assistant coach, nothing?  Adams stated that behind closed doors Pegula is very much involved in all operations and if thats true this is really sad. How do we have 0 changes other than Robinson who never plays? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No goalie could be the reason we lost in a game we don’t score. It doesn’t really say anything 

The presence of an issue doesn’t preclude the existence of another issue, I never understand this logic 

I generally agree with you on this statement. 

The effort was so bad from our skaters that goaltending barely seems worth mentioning in regards to this single game. 

But at scale, I totally agree with you. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Donnie the person quite a bit. Kind of in the same way I liked Gailey with the Bills

I think he’s likely a smart hockey man but not an NHL HC. 

Seeing him at the podium these days is depressing. I feel for the guy. It almost seems like it’s in his best interest to take him behind the barn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.