Sabres shopping Mittelstadt?

inkman

56 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Samuelsson, Savoie 24' 2nd and 25' 3rd for Drew Doughty(3mil retained)

Would you do it?

This might be the most bonkers trade proposal I have ever seen on these boards. Doughty is washed up and sucks, that would be a spectacularly awful trade.

Edit: I was probably too harsh here and was probably clouded by recency bias on the player. I still think he would be a terrible fit because he wouldn't want to play in Buffalo.

Edited by sabremike

16 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This might be the most bonkers trade proposal I have ever seen on these boards. Doughty is washed up and sucks, that would be a spectacularly awful trade.

Edit: I was probably too harsh here and was probably clouded by recency bias on the player. I still think he would be a terrible fit because he wouldn't want to play in Buffalo.

His corsi and fenwick metrics are still good

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Samuelsson, Savoie 24' 2nd and 25' 3rd for Drew Doughty(3mil retained)

Would you do it?

Are they on the seven team M-NTC? 

He is playing good, but I would aim for Rasmus Anderson from Calgary 

Edited by Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Are they on the seven team M-NTC? 

He is playing good, but I would aim for Rasmus Anderson from Calgary 

The one thing I do like about Doughty over Andersson is the grit and fire he has to win. That’s a guy who could kick his teammates’ ***** and have the talent and experience to back it up. And is that not what this team needs? Plus honestly he plays a lot like Dahlin, offensive instincts with a borderline dirty hitting streak. He’s from London, Ontario so perhaps if the Kings free fall the rest of the year he might be open to it. And maybe we grab his buddy Quick to backup for a year. 

Essentially bring me some proven winners that will play with fire and passion

13 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

The one thing I do like about Doughty over Andersson is the grit and fire he has to win. That’s a guy who could kick his teammates’ ***** and have the talent and experience to back it up. And is that not what this team needs? Plus honestly he plays a lot like Dahlin, offensive instincts with a borderline dirty hitting streak. He’s from London, Ontario so perhaps if the Kings free fall the rest of the year he might be open to it. And maybe we grab his buddy Quick to backup for a year. 

The other issue is 27 million dollars in cap space  for your top three defenseman for the next three years is a little steep

Look at next season for example they have 11 players signed and 26 million in cap space. Dougherty takes up 8 million of that, Mitts probably 6.5 million, Jokiharju 3 million, UPL probably around 2.5 and Krebs about a million. That’s 16 players with 5 million left in cap space with 2/3s of the fourth line still needing to be replaced. 

Oh and Peterka, Quinn, Tuch and Benson will all need new deals during that time as well. 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The other issue is 27 million dollars in cap space  for your top three defenseman for the next three years is a little steep

Look at next season for example they have 11 players signed and 26 million in cap space. Dougherty takes up 8 million of that, Mitts probably 6.5 million, Jokiharju 3 million, UPL probably around 2.5 and Krebs about a million. That’s 16 players with 5 million left in cap space with 2/3s of the fourth line still needing to be replaced. 

Oh and Peterka, Quinn, Tuch and Benson will all need new deals during that time as well. 

That is true, this is what I came up with. After next year we'd be forced to trade or buyout Skinner with cap hits of 4,6,2,2 but with at least one of Peterka/Quinn getting a bridge; the money would be available. It would just be a tad tight.

I'm not all that worried about Tuch, he's making 4.75mil now and in 2 years he'll likely be about 6 mil which isn't a huge jump. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4893758

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

That is true, this is what I came up with. After next year we'd be forced to trade or buyout Skinner with cap hits of 4,6,2,2 but with at least one of Peterka/Quinn getting a bridge; the money would be available. It would just be a tad tight.

I'm not all that worried about Tuch, he's making 4.75mil now and in 2 years he'll likely be about 6 mil which isn't a huge jump. 

I've been hammering this for months. Skinners contract was structured to be bought out after next season. 

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Doughty is still fabulous, but at his age and salary, it makes no sense. Maybe in the offseason.  But trading for him now is pointless unless the cost is limited.  (We aren't making the playoffs.)  Also, he wouldn't come here amicably, I'd guess.  Not sure the cost of Andersson, but I've been a fan for a while. 

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

I've been hammering this for months. Skinners contract was structured to be bought out after next season. 

I guess that's a doable buy-out.  It's hardly a good thing though, to have $4,$6,$2,$2 million in dead space for the 4 seasons after next; that is about when we should be spending to the cap in order to win hockey games. If moving on from Skinner is something the organization decides to do, much better to see if he will waive his NMC for a handful of teams and eat 50% of his salary and attach a pick if needed to get rid of him.  We are going to be paying him to play elsewhere either way, so we might as well avoid the cap hit for the additional years.

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Is Pegula going to be willing to pay Jeff Skinner 16 million dollars not to play hockey, when the prevailing thought is he will be reluctant to pay Granato 3.8 million not to coach?

This deal would depend on  Dougherty being willing to come to Buffalo, The Kings being willing to retain 3 million per season for three years and Pegula being willing to buy out Skinner. That’s a stretch that all three would happen 

1 hour ago, Rasmus_ said:

Doughty is still fabulous, but at his age and salary, it makes no sense. Maybe in the offseason.  But trading for him now is pointless unless the cost is limited.  (We aren't making the playoffs.)  Also, he wouldn't come here amicably, I'd guess.  Not sure the cost of Andersson, but I've been a fan for a while. 

Probably similar to what Ekholm when for a first, prospect and a roster defenseman. 

2 hours ago, Rasmus_ said:

It's meant to be an offseason trade 🙂

It really only works if LA continues their death spiral.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.