GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Tue. 7 pm ET, Dec 19, 2023, MSG-B, BSOH πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

Spoonman

At this point, I would be totally fine if Hockey left Buffalo for five years and it meant that we got an expansion team like Vegas in return.
Β 

this is the worst team in the NHL yet again, so what really is the point of even having a team right now. It’s going to be years until they could even sniff an eighth place finish. First round draft picks will be sold off once again for meaningless pieces, and the whole cycle will start again.

10 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Now WAIT JUST A DOGGONE MINUTE @Pimlach. ARE YOU SANCTIONING the rooting of the leafs vs. Blue and Gold?

No. Β Of course not. But lose to the Leaves like that and someone has to go. Β 
Β 

But won’t. Β DG will finish the season, hopefully then he gets a merciful ending, and he will learn that putting in defense hurts offense. Β 

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

At this point, I would be totally fine if Hockey left Buffalo for five years and it meant that we got an expansion team like Vegas in return.
Β 

this is the worst team in the NHL yet again, so what really is the point of even having a team right now. It’s going to be years until they could even sniff an eighth place finish. First round draft picks will be sold off once again for meaningless pieces, and the whole cycle will start again.

@CallawaySabresΒ IF, big IF, the Sabres were ever moved out of Buffalo (I don't want to see this scenario ever), there is not the money nor market share to bring iti back.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I would love to see a fan revolt but the truth is there is so much apathy in the fan base no one has the passion / care to the lead and do something about itΒ 

like myself. I'm goin to get ready for bed and not think much about them again until Thurs. Β Β 

I just don't care enough anymore to get madΒ 

Unfortunately we all care, that's why we're on here. We care for something that isn't showing the same back and hasn't for 14? 15 years? but I feel your pain man.

• Like (+1) 1

The post game pressers offer little satisfaction for fans who want blood.Β  DG answers keep painting a picture of "we'll address it", but we know it does not happen.Β  Questions are still too timid.Β  Somebody needs to ask questions like sitting specific players and also bluntly ask DG why fans should have any confidence in him and his staff when they have nothing to prove they know what they're doing.Β  IMHO - he sounded more defensive tonight than usual though.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Interesting that post game was only KO. Donny and the dwarfs must of shot up to Mitts room at harbor center for some fortnight.

Only six of twenty players stuck around to speak to the media… Thats on Granato and KO… Too many quitters and cowards….Β 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

The post game pressers offer little satisfaction for fans who want blood.Β  DG answers keep painting a picture of "we'll address it", but we know it does not happen.Β  Questions are still too timid.Β  Somebody needs to ask questions like sitting specific players and also bluntly ask DG why fans should have any confidence in him and his staff when they have nothing to prove they know what they're doing.Β  IMHO - he sounded more defensive tonight than usual though.

Rainbow Wow GIF by Declan McKenna

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Β 

But won’t. Β DG will finish the season, hopefully then he gets a merciful ending, and he will learn that putting in defense hurts offense. Β 

Whew. OK. I can breathe again.Β 

The real problem in all of this is something I think you said. Pegula doesn't have the connections in NHL he needs. I honestly think Kim may have been working that piece of the puzzle... but, sadly (for her and family first by far and away) I do wonder.....

• Like (+1) 1

I've remained optimistic throughout the ups and downs the past couple of years. I still believe this young core is what we should build around. We've seen how good they can be.

The pessimism creeping in on me is how much long-term and/or permanent damage is being done by a coaching staff that can't seem to teach basic fundamentals and is seemingly allergic to holding players accountable to their mistakes.

Granato did a nice job of pointing the ship in the right direction after the Raaaalph debacle, but are we really going to sit here and watch him run them ashore again? Kinda feels like we are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Β 

I doubt he can finish the season, this was supposed to be a playoff contender. Every player besides 2 has regressed, do you really want to have these guys permanently playing like this? They will if Granato is still here until the end. I think he's close to being fired, not that I'm happy about it because I really liked the guy but it's clear he's not right for the job anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Whew. OK. I can breathe again.Β 

The real problem in all of this is something I think you said. Pegula doesn't have the connections in NHL he needs. I honestly think Kim may have been working that piece of the puzzle... but, sadly (for her and family first by far and away) I do wonder.....

She worked nothing of that sort. Β The NHL is nothing like the NFL. Β The NFL is a league win resources, that tries to not have dead franchises.Β 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Believer said:

Only six of twenty players stuck around to speak to the media… Thats on Granato and KO… Too many quitters and cowards….Β 

No. It’s on the guy assembling the groupΒ 

You either identify the right guys and build a competent puzzle or you can’t do it

Adams has fallen into the latterΒ 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I doubt he can finish the season, this was supposed to be a playoff contender. Every player besides 2 has regressed, do you really want to have these guys permanently playing like this? They will if Granato is still here until the end. I think he's close to being fired, not that I'm happy about it because I really liked the guy but it's clear he's not right for the job anymore.

He should not finish the season. Β But the Pegula $hit show just keeps giving. Β Β 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No. It’s on the guy assembling the groupΒ 

You either identify the right guys and build a competent puzzle or you can’t do it

Adams has fallen into the latterΒ 

They assembled a great pool of prospects, but he needs a tough coach, to bring it out of these guys, someone like torts! I’m okay even if we bring in Gallant. I think he might do better and get more out of these guys!

Edited by SabresBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.