GDT: Sabres @ Bruins - Thurs. 7pm, Dec 7, 2023, MSG/ESPN+ 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

Get ready for the B’s heavy game in the third. Can we hold up to it?

Eh.  Maybe, but this whole game they've looked like paper bruins.  Soft even.  Part of it I think is you can't hit what you can't catch and the Sabres are moving their feet tonight.

Just now, Doohickie said:

I thought he looked "okay" last game, but that's understandable:  He was shaking off the rust.  Tonight though he looks better than he's looked all year.  I think this means no more Tage on the PK.

Its crazy to think he had over 20 goals by this point last year we need him healthy and shooting that puck!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

...in the future.  At some point.  I promise.

It is the future you see.

And I agree. They have gaps that Sheevyn should have addressed this offseason, but failed to. (Again, in the case of a standard NHL goalie ... even a Reimer-level guy). But the arrows are all still pointing upward, as annoying as it is to the fans who've somehow paid attention since Leino.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Eh.  Maybe, but this whole game they've looked like paper bruins.  Soft even.  Part of it I think is you can't hit what you can't catch and the Sabres are moving their feet tonight.

Bruins thought it'd be easy. If you face this season's Sabres without Dahlin, Tuch, Girgs, Quinn... you should cakewalk.

But the Sabres proved last season, when they're skating, they really are hard to deal with for most teams. Even the ones that try to play heavy and end up hitting nothing.

The best part is, if the Sabres can withstand a barrage and play their transition game, they could win this one going away.

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If these idiot D men would take a half tick to make the better play, that goal doesn’t happen. It’s maddening how unpoised our players are. Nothing but panic at critical times.

Yeah that was EJ too. He had an easy pass to someone near the wall and it was hurried,  getting passed the Sabre and to a bruin at the blue line. Puck went down low again, and shortly after off EJ’s skate. 
if the Sabres lose, it will be plays like that from the D. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.