GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - 11/22/2023 @ 6PM CT / 7PM ET - MSGB/ESPN+

#freejame

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

2 “x”s on this lol

i assure you that Mario stripping Ray freaking Bourque at the blue line and streaking in on a breakaway goal where he deaks the goalie out of his pads, on the first shot, first shift of his NHL career slightly eclipses Benson’s fancy play 

One of you guys hasn’t given out a reaction emoji in 2 weeks yet found my take that the goal widely regarded as the best first goal ever was still the best as a bridge too far lol

I wasn't commenting on anything more than Mario's being the best first-ever goal.  It's an opinion.  But here's something from HockeyFeed:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/buffalo-s-zach-benson-scores-the-best-1st-nhl-goal-you-ll-ever-see

1 minute ago, MBD said:

I wasn't commenting on anything more than Mario's being the best first-ever goal.  It's an opinion.  But here's something from HockeyFeed:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/buffalo-s-zach-benson-scores-the-best-1st-nhl-goal-you-ll-ever-see

I don’t know or care what “the hockey feed” is 

regardless, Eberle’s first goal was objectively better 

Edited by Thorny

Gotta admit...VO's one-timer looked pretty dangerous there!

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Okposos on the power play is a joke.

Horrible turnover pass by KO there trying to go across to VO....I'd rather see other players on the ice, but who am I to disagree with the PP genius Matty Ellis.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.