92 point graph

WNY Sabres

Minor nitpick.  The chart is for a 98 point pace, not a 92 point pace.  (98 would be just a smidge under a 0.600 pace.  And 0.600 has been in the playoffs every time but one which was in a season when all the established teams were in 1 division and all the expansion teams were in the other division.)

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Interesting:  only 3 points separates 2nd and 6th place in Atlantic Division.

What does this have to do with the graph that’s being asked about?

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Minor nitpick.  The chart is for a 98 point pace, not a 92 point pace.  (98 would be just a smidge under a 0.600 pace.  And 0.600 has been in the playoffs every time but one which was in a season when all the established teams were in 1 division and all the expansion teams were in the other division.)

98 points was used per your suggestion last year. You’ll need to take it up with you.

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, SDS said:

What does this have to do with the graph that’s being asked about?

98 points was used per your suggestion last year. You’ll need to take it up with you.

No.  The thread title refers to the "92 point graph."  The graph on the front page, which actually is useful, as opposed to a 92 point graph, happens to be a "98 point graph."

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.  The thread title refers to the "92 point graph."  The graph on the front page, which actually is useful, as opposed to a 92 point graph, happens to be a "98 point graph."

Sorry! I read that wrong. I thought you were complaining about the 98 point choice. Carry-on…

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I only look at the win percentage. Right now 5 teams ahead of us in the division and ten in the conference. The 92 points means nothing. 

I assume you're talking about points percentage, not win percentage. And there are 11 teams ahead in the conference by that metric. The Sabres are tied for 8th in win percentage in the conference, 14th in the league.

6 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Also meaning nothing:  the team’s winning % after 8-10 games. This time last year ours was .700. 

I look at win percentage because it's simpler than considering who played how many games etc.  Early season doesn't mean a lot, I agree, but come April, wasted opportunities in October/November can be what leaves you on the outside. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.