Dorian out as Senators GM

Brawndo

I don’t watch “as the puck turns” soap opera often enough….

Soooo correct me here ….

Ottawa was gonna trade dadonov to Vegas in 2021? They didn’t tell Vegas about his NTC?  And then ….. 

And what’s up with Anaheim in all this? 

The little bit I’m reading here, I’m just not putting the entire start to finish picture together. It’s segmented and hazy.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t watch “as the puck turns” soap opera often enough….

Soooo correct me here ….

Ottawa was gonna trade dadonov to Vegas in 2021? They didn’t tell Vegas about his NTC?  And then ….. 

And what’s up with Anaheim in all this? 

The little bit I’m reading here, I’m just not putting the entire start to finish picture together. It’s segmented and hazy.

Thanks.

Ottawa traded Dadonov in 2020 I believe.

VGK tried to trade him to alleviate their cap in 2021 at the deadline by trading him to Anaheim for Ryan Kesler’s LTIR contract. The trade actually all but went through until Dadonov butted in and stated his NTC had Anaheim on it. Vegas claimed to have never received notice of this and thus fought the denial but failed. They then threw the blame to Ottawa for not sending the paperwork during their original trade the year prior. They must of legitimately found negligence on Ottawa’s part and VGK and Anaheim get to feel vindicated 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sounds like the NHL failed to disclose some material facts. 

Yes, but it's okay for the NHL to not disclose material facts in order to maximize a sale value... whereas apparently it is not okay for the team they were investigating to have withheld material facts in order to maximize a deal they were working.

Does the NHL give up a first round draft pick?  Does Ottawa mysteriously win the #1 overall pick this year? The owner ain't happy.. and he shouldn't be.

His goaltending attempts are the opposite style of Adams but haven’t exactly worked any better.

Acquired Matt Murray only to need to dump his contract.

Traded a younger RFA goalie who had looked good for 1 year of Cam Talbot

Signed a questionable Korpisalo to a long and high cap deal

Most signings have been solid outside goalies; locking up good young players as well as solid vets. The whole thing with Pinto is a mess however.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.