Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Never mind, you can rewind AHL TV. Fluke goal but Levi could have played it better.

Yep, definitely flukey and I think that’s why the magic might be gone because the flukey is working against him this season.

1 minute ago, Mr. Allen said:

I fully believe the Sabres mishandled Levi.  I’m not saying he’s broken, but if he is, it’s Adams fault.  

He’s no more broken than Ryan Miller was at the same juncture in their careers. The time in the A will serve him well. I can’t really fault Adams and Co. for seeing if they could capture lightning in a bottle given what Levi did at the end of last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep, definitely flukey and I think that’s why the magic might be gone because the flukey is working against him this season.

He lets in one goal so the magics gone? Jumping to conclusions here a bit? UPL let in 3 goals on 8 shots in the first yesterday - does that mean the magic is really gone there.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Humor me and explain what was done so wrong and what would you have done? I'm dying to know.

Not that I agree he's ruined, but......since you asked....

For starters, I wouldn't have run with such an unproven asset as Levi to start a season you openly stated the playoffs are the goal this year. I mean, really, what did you expect those fans, well educated in positional history, to say when you pull a horse-***** move like that? Do you honestly believe we all should just have excepted the situation knowing full well that spending some of this organizations over abundance of assets may, and I stress may, have landed a veteran #1 worthy netminder that would be more inclined due to their experience to cover at least some of the defenses short comings?

At the end of the day you have to give to get in the NHL. Adams, at least as of at this moment, is not meeting expectations. And that is all that accounts at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

For starters, I wouldn't have run with such an unproven asset as Levi to start a season you openly stated the playoffs are the goal this year. I mean, really, what did you expect those fans, well educated in positional history, to say when you pull a horse-***** move like that? Do you honestly believe we all should just have excepted the situation knowing full well that spending some of this organizations over abundance of assets may, and I stress may, have landed a veteran #1 worthy netminder that would be more inclined due to their experience to cover at least some of the defenses short comings?

At the end of the day you have to give to get in the NHL. Adams, at least as of at this moment, is not meeting expectations. And that is all that accounts at the end of the day.

So...

Getting a good return for Eichel,

Drafting Quinn when everyone said Rossi,

Trading up for JJP,

Drafting Benson when 12 other GMs passed,

Drafting Kulich when 30 GMs let him drop,

Getting Ryan Johnson and Devin Levi to sign,

...doesn't meet your expectations?

2 minutes ago, steveoath said:

What’s the amerks score?

2-1 Roch after 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Making trades just to feel like you did something is fools gold. Adams likely thought he had something in UPL. He certainly made the effort to express faith in him. 

32 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He lets in one goal so the magics gone? Jumping to conclusions here a bit? UPL let in 3 goals on 8 shots in the first yesterday - does that mean the magic is really gone there.

Stop. It was a comment on one flukey goal at the beginning of the game that he didn’t look very good on. Nobody is jumping to any conclusions. 

And while UPL has nothing to do with my comment one way or the other, since you insisted on injecting him into the discussion, I don’t think Oopie has ever possessed the Devon Levi magic in the first place.