GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And they did nothing to get this crowd in the game. Dahlin's last second hit was a joke.

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

It's demoralizing for Sabres fans to go to the game!!!

Just now, Thorny said:

Fans are a reflection of the product, not the other way around 

Yes to all of these responses. Exactly what I thought when I heard the guy say it. 

Just now, Sidc3000 said:

They’re not. They couldn’t keep up the type of scoring we saw last year

The other thing I worry is the mass youth movement.  If it took Mitts and Tage 4-5 years to get their NHL wheels, we are rostering young guys throughout the whole line up.  Realistically, if you use that theory, we are looking at 2026-27 until many of these guys hit their stride. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Quint said:

Any team owned by Pegula are destined to be losers. He meddles, he skips RJ Night, he makes all the wrong moves plus he has bad karma. Doesn't matter what sport.

I really wish Terry would put the team up for sale. Just seems like something happened when he bought them. I don’t really believe in curses but you have to wonder. We had other owners that didn’t even try and they fielded good teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

The other thing I worry is the mass youth movement.  If it took Mitts and Tage 4-5 years to get their NHL wheels, we are rostering young guys throughout the whole line up.  Realistically, if you use that theory, we are looking at 2026-27 until many of these guys hit their stride. 

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

I really wish Terry would put the team up for sale. Just seems like something happened when he bought them. I don’t really believe in curses but you have to wonder. We had other owners that didn’t even try and they fielded good teams. 

If we’re gonna keep spending the cap floor we might as well bring Darcy back as a consultant to help with the “money puck”

*ducks and covers*

After the first two losses I said those two losses are essentially not something to worry about at that point. Now I am in the worry camp. Other teams are pulling away and November into December may be a sprint just to catch up. That leaves only about two months or so to pull away and secure a playoff birth. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The tough part with that is that some of those guys will come up for contract extensions in that time. We can’t sign every young guy to 6-8 year deals for what they could become. The cap isn’t high enough. 

It suck’s because there are some guys in the pipeline I really like. But we have to start committing to a couple becoming “the guys” and use the rest to help build some roster maturity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

If we’re gonna keep spending the cap floor we might as well bring Darcy back as a consultant to help with the “money puck”

*ducks and covers*

Darcy looks like a genius retrospectively compared to the stiffs that have followed.  He did field a few great teams and many of his trades were really good working with much less of a budget.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

After the first two losses I said those two losses are essentially not something to worry about at that point. Now I am in the worry camp. Other teams are pulling away and November into December may be a sprint just to catch up. That leaves only about two months or so to pull away and secure a playoff birth. 

You'll have your final answer at US Thanksgiving. If they're out of a playoff spot by then, they will not get in this season.

• Agree 2

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Darcy looks like a genius retrospectively compared to the stiffs that have followed.  He did field a few great teams and many of his trades were really good working with much less of a budget.  

I was only half joking. But if we are going to be a team that is planning on paying up to the cap floor, then he’s a decent guy to have in the room with whoever is in charge. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

The tough part with that is that some of those guys will come up for contract extensions in that time. We can’t sign every young guy to 6-8 year deals for what they could become. The cap isn’t high enough. 

It suck’s because there are some guys in the pipeline I really like. But we have to start committing to a couple becoming “the guys” and use the rest to help build some roster maturity. 

He is Darcy 2.0 in that the only way he makes a significant trade is if someone is holding a gun to his head.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Adding on to myself here. But I think the timing is right for some of the defensive guys in the pipeline. But some of the forwards are in a tough spot here.  

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

You can’t afford to let it get too far ahead of you if the result of making the playoffs is the goal, but I honestly do think we are in “playing well is more important” territory, still. Like just mathematically. They had a 3 stooges type 3rd but overall probably carried the play.

I hate the “I’m not worried” thing I mean how could one not be, I am, how many times do you have to see them not succeed to make it before you accept it’s an ever present possibility until PROVEN otherwise - but I still when breaking down the fact can see the positives that suggest a turn around while no means close to guaranteed is well within the realm of possibility still 

More data! 

• Like (+1) 2

Either we have a bunch of lazy players who can not for the life of them comprehend simple instructions to keep the game simple and go to the net or we have a coaching staff who despite the mythology built up around their capability can not for the life of them get through to the players.

I am being to agree with @SDS in his assessment of #19. That kid really seems to bring nothing to each game.

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Well.... maybe tomorrow we turn it around on the road.  One can hope lol. I certainly dread home games now.  

Good luck with that.  On the 2nd night of a BTB with UPL in net? Chance of winning tomorrow is as close to 0% as it'll be all year.

• Sad 1

Just now, Thorny said:

You can’t afford to let it get too far ahead of you if the result of making the playoffs is the goal, but I honestly do think we are in “playing well is more important” territory, still. Like just mathematically. They had a 3 stooges type 3rd but overall probably carried the play.

I hate the “I’m not worried” thing I mean how could one not be, I am, how many times do you have to see them not succeed to make it before you accept it’s an ever present possibility until PROVEN otherwise - but I still when breaking down the fact can see the positives that suggest a turn around while no means close to guaranteed is well within the realm of possibility still 

I would agree and I see where you are coming from but the on ice decision making is ridiculous.

Multiple times I have seen TT make an unnecessary and low percentage pass instead of using his cannon of a shot. 

I totally agree KO is done. IMO he is no longer an NHL caliber player. Girgs is heading in that direction.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.