Is Alex Tuch Injured?

bob_sauve28

47 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Ratface can sure be proud for landing that big sucker punch when Tuch was on the ground with the official on top of him. 

For a second there I thought ratface tagged him just before he fell back. Was worried he might have knocked him cold. The second shot was dirty. Tuch is a big boy. He got a Gordie Howe hat trick.

• Like (+1) 3

• 3 months later...

Why are we assuming he’s hurt? He has a career year last season just like the whole team. He is NOT a 80 pt player, he’s about half that on average. Since he is at 34 points with 40 games left, I’d say he is going to be well above average.  

i think he’s fine.  

stop comparing this team to last season, it was an anomaly. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Why are we assuming he’s hurt? He has a career year last season just like the whole team. He is NOT a 80 pt player, he’s about half that on average. Since he is at 34 points with 40 games left, I’d say he is going to be well above average.  

i think he’s fine.  

Tuch is way more than a 40pt player.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This was the first game I watched were Tuch looked really explosive with his skating. Speed and quickness were just outstanding. Maybe he has more fully recovered or maybe I am imagining things? 

West coast trip allowed him to get get more rest.

14 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

Tuch is way more than a 40pt player.

🤔 up to this point in his career he is about a 40 point player.  If you just take the last three seasons (with the Sabres) he’s only 50 points. 

if this team continues to develop and not regress (like this season) I could see him being higher. He’s on pace for around 60-65 this season. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

i think he’s fine.  

Why?  Because he was injured coming into/at the begining of training camp and there have been at least 3 games this year where he's noticiably pulled up at some point in a game and then his skating was a shell of itself from earlier in the game.  There have been a handful of games where his skating has looked like it did in most all games last year.  And he missed time in December with a LBI.  Put it all together ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

🤔 up to this point in his career he is about a 40 point player.  If you just take the last three seasons (with the Sabres) he’s only 50 points. 

if this team continues to develop and not regress (like this season) I could see him being higher. He’s on pace for around 60-65 this season. 

What are you talking about, 166 gp 151 pts in Buffalo. That is damn near a point a game.

I'll give you the Vegas years but he was also young and finding himself then, kind of like Casey, Tage, Dylan, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm pretty confident he was playing hurt, but is getting better, and hopefully this week-and-a-half break does some good for him.

-he had multiple days during training camp where he didn't participate, and he also had some days he missed practice right at the start of the year.

-Through October, he had 5 points in his first 9 games where he as missing frequent practices (45 point pace). He has been getting better since then,  29 points in 33 games since (72 point pace). The first month of the season really 'hurt' his stats'

-As I mentioned in the 'Sabres are playing slow thread', Tuch is one of the fastest skaters on the team, but the site tracks how many/how often a player has a 'speed burst' in a game of over 20mph.  Tuch is WAY down from last year, probably has the biggest drop on the entire team.  If he was playing hurt at the beginning of the year, that would be a sign that it is the case.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ross Rhea said:

What are you talking about, 166 gp 151 pts in Buffalo. That is damn near a point a game.

I'll give you the Vegas years but he was also young and finding himself then, kind of like Casey, Tage, Dylan, etc. 

I was in a hurry when I was adding his stats and used his current points for this seasons.  He’s a 60ish point player, on average, with the Sabres. 

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

I was in a hurry when I was adding his stats and used his current points for this seasons.  He’s a 60ish point player, on average, with the Sabres. 

When I do the numbers he is averaging 75 points per 82 games since joining the Sabres. That is not "60'ish" at all.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

I get what you're saying. 

I compare Thompson, Skinner and Tuch to 07-08 Pominville and Roy. 

Both Roy and Pominville had career years the very next year minus Drury and Briere. 

Roy 32 G 49 A 81 points 

Pominville 27 G 53 A 80 points 

Both were good, solid players after that year for a number of years but they did not reach those heights again. 

That's what I forsee for the current 1st line. Good, solid players but won't put up what they did last year, probably ever again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.