GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - October 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B/MSGSN/ESPN+📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Get rolled in front of the home crowd on Tuesday and this could get ugly quick. At least we were entertaining last year. 

Last year was a special kind of year with the offense clicking at a ridiculous clip at times. This is a new year and they look blah

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’m guessing no one wanted to take Olofsson for anything and it would be hard to justify to the players trading a friend who scored 28 last year for pucks.

But he wasn’t going to be in the opening night roster if not for Quinn, correct? So they planned on moving him, so what you say doesn’t really fit imo 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The Bengals made the SB after an 0-2 start and that represented 13% of their season. The Sabres can overcome 0-2 over 82

don’t worry, I got you 

Their defense forced about 100 tipped ball interceptions along the way to cover for their 23 year old QB managing about 3 touchdown drives in 45 playoff drives that year. Where is our ultra-vet-competence to match that gonna come from?

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Granato has won at every level he's coached so that's his pedigree. Can we not do this? Criticism is fine but don't flat out fling poo at the walls hoping it will stick. 

Winning at the NHL level is the only level  that will matter for Granato’s future I hate to tell you. I hope he does. Just hasn’t done it yet. And Okposo does not know winning. 

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Adams HAS to make moves if this team is playing like this by game 10. 

Don’t hold your breath on that one. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, next year.  

And he has great “flow” and I have almost none -  but did at one time back in the day. . 😂 

Flomax.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

Winning at the NHL level is the only level  that will matter for Granato’s future I hate to tell you. I hope he does. Just hasn’t done it yet. And Okposo does not know winning. 

That's not what you said though. Also you weren't talking about the future but the past. Granato has won a lot in many different, obviously he needs to win at the nhl level. That's like saying hockey is played with sticks, yea. 

6 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Get rolled in front of the home crowd on Tuesday and this could get ugly quick. At least we were entertaining last year. 

There were some boo-birds after the second period on Thursday, there would have been more at then end of the third but everybody left to beat the traffic 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We added that number 75 who keeps barfing all over the ice, received a devastating injury to our 2RW who was going to break out in a big way, and decided to replace him with Olofsson, a guy we were otherwise going to ship out for a 3rd round pick. We added a 90 year old Erik Johnson (who is stable but is impacting the game as much as an old bottom pair D-man can) and re-signed our most dubious forwards, and then handed out a long term contract to a guy who is still at the "grinding in the Viridian Forest for experience" stage of his career. 

That is a JOKE unless it works. It hasn't started working yet. 

I wouldn’t say no to a few additional metapods on D

to your point, I’m not sure if we have the time to fart around looking for pikachu

also thanks the viridian city song is now stuck in my head 

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Their defense forced about 100 tipped ball interceptions along the way to cover for their 23 year old QB managing about 3 touchdown drives in 45 playoff drives that year. Where is our ultra-vet-competence to match that gonna come from?

I just propose the thinly veiled defences I don’t back them up with analytical data

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why is every decision we make and every realistic alternative to that decision somehow involving a kid who has never seen or done anything at a professional level?

Good point, but I liked his quickness and hustle in preseason. I already know I'm not getting that from Olofsson. He has never shown a 200 ft. game.

They played much better today and there are guys who almost inconceivably won’t get better so I’m sure we’ll start winning at a more reasonable clip soon.

Playoff team? Remains to be seen

I hate Razoring out but “not a bad game”

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm sorry for freaking out a bit, but it's not about this game, our offseason was baffling, and every single potential red flag it presented is at full mast in gale force winds just 2 games in, and not one shred of the "here's why it can work" is visible in any corner of the ice. And nobody is looking or playing like they have any idea what to do with the expectations, or with the huge monster that's stepped in their path that needs to be tackled before it knocks the whole journey astray. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.