Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

56 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Would you trade Cozens and a protected first? If all the responses are quick yeses, we aren’t offering enough. 

Easy no, you don’t trade good young players with experience + a 1st for a defensive prospect.

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

I'd given them Owen Power if that's what it would take.....but sure, I'd give them multiple forward prospects as a first choice.

That would literally defeat the purpose to trade Power. 

Savoie, Jokiharju and a 2nd would be my opening offer

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Savoie and Joker😜

I doubt he is available but they need to be all over it IF they are listening.

Maybe the sweetener would be taking Elvis back since LeBrun says there is no league interest in him with that contract

Can’t take Elvis due to his cap hit; in that case we’d effectively be trading Mitts regardless

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

Would you trade Cozens and a protected first? If all the responses are quick yeses, we aren’t offering enough. 

Most likely no. But this make me wonder - without looking it up - how far were the Sabres away from being able to draft Jiricek? And what would the cost have been then to move up vs. what we’re kicking around now?

2 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Most likely no. But this make me wonder - without looking it up - how far were the Sabres away from being able to draft Jiricek? And what would the cost have been then to move up vs. what we’re kicking around now?

We should have just taken Mintyukov instead of Savoie (and then Snuggerud instead of Östlund but that's a different topic). The guy I really liked at the time was McGroarty, but that was probably never in the cards in terms of rankings. 

Not taking Warren in the second round was just plain dumb. 

To move up to Jiricek though idk. Probably more than would have seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We should have just taken Mintyukov instead of Savoie (and then Snuggerud instead of Östlund but that's a different topic). The guy I really liked at the time was McGroarty, but that was probably never in the cards in terms of rankings. 

To move up to Jiricek though idk. Probably more than would have seemed like a good idea at the time. 

I believer in Östlund, I think he and Kulich will be a top line duo in three to four years. Rosén and Savoie can be used in trades.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SabreFinn said:

I believer in Östlund, I think he and Kulich will be a top line duo in three to four years. Rosén and Savoie can be used in trades.

5'11 and a very slight 163 lbs. Watching him at the Worlds I thought he was very fast and very talented but he is incredibly slight of frame and looked small even among these other pre-NHLers. I don't see it working. It's possible, but I just don't think so. 

Kulich I do think can still become an NHL sniper but he has work to do. 

For the right deal though I'd trade any of them. 

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

5'11 and a very slight 163 lbs. Watching him at the Worlds I thought he was very fast and very talented but he is incredibly slight of frame and looked small even among these other pre-NHLers. I don't see it working. It's possible, but I just don't think so. 

Kulich I do think can still become an NHL sniper but he has work to do. 

For the right deal though I'd trade any of them. 

Not quite ready to give-up on Kulich at 19?

18 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know you are being sarcastic/snipey but I simply see more potential in Kulich than I do in the other 3 mentioned. That's all. They could ALL bust and they could surprise but that's my current assessment. 

Don’t forget that the Sabres may have blown the Quinn pick! We will have to wait and see. 

On 1/29/2024 at 6:03 AM, PerreaultForever said:

You will change your mind on him in 2 years.

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe. Keep in mind I'm not questioning his skill. Just how that will translate to the NHL with his size. 

I have concerns about his size too. But how that affects on his play depends on mates and match-up, and two summers in that age can help build up muscles. I can see him being creative on PP as highest skill.

42 minutes ago, SabreFinn said:

I have concerns about his size too. But how that affects on his play depends on mates and match-up, and two summers in that age can help build up muscles. I can see him being creative on PP as highest skill.

So a new VO. (just poking fun, I agree there is always potential at that age)

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

imo league shouldn't go over 32 teams. Move some clunkers rather than add if you want but 32 is more than enough. 

Moving a team doesn’t help give the owners club a boost of money and a new market. Arizona has Bettman keeping it safe and the NHL would be nuts to move the Sabres with our positive TV numbers and proximity to Toronto. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Moving a team doesn’t help give the owners club a boost of money and a new market. Arizona has Bettman keeping it safe and the NHL would be nuts to move the Sabres with our positive TV numbers and proximity to Toronto. 

There's always a workaround. Say, for example, a relocation fee. It might be less than an expansion fee but you don't have to hold a draft. Salt Lake is just begging for a team and you have Arizona up in the air. Atlanta is champing at the bit and, let's face it, attendance in Buffalo isn't so good. One western team, one eastern.