Happy Labor Day Weekend All.

nfreeman

I hope everyone here is having a nice summer weekend with friends and/or family.  It's gonna be a hot couple of days in the NE!

I kinda wish the hockey world cup were now instead of in May -- I am really enjoying the basketball world cup and it's whetting my appetite for the regular season to start.  I'm sure I'd feel the same way if a bunch of the Sabres were playing in a highly competitive tournament right now with a dozen or so teams stocked with a lot of good-to-great NHLers.

Still, it's been a nice weekend so far.

Enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2

One of these bitter sweet weekends.  Opportunity for one last good time as you reflect on the summers past and anticipate the return to school / start of fall.  

I for one had one of the best summers of my life and hope everyone else did as well.  Cheers to the transition from summer to fall.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Building out the deck, riding jet skis, and playing golf this rare weekend off. Topped off by time and a half tomorrow at wok. I'll take it. 

Plus, one more weekend closer to ski season 😁

Just curious. Is the skiing season still pretty good in your area or has it been recently affected by the lack of snow in the winter season? I'm aware that there are snow machines to compensate but I'm not sure that manufacturing snow can compensate enough for a low snowfall. 

55 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just curious. Is the skiing season still pretty good in your area or has it been recently affected by the lack of snow in the winter season? I'm aware that there are snow machines to compensate but I'm not sure that manufacturing snow can compensate enough for a low snowfall. 

We did NOT lack snow last winter!  WNY was literally a disaster area once, and figuratively, three times.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

It was trash last year, some places make snow better than others. I even went up to Quebec city in January and they had a bad season by their standards.., I skiied Le Masif and Mt St Anne there. As @Elevenpointed out, we had a lot of storms but they were all too north for the slopes to benefit from them. I heard according to the farmers almanac that this year is supposed to be very wet, cold and snowy, so fingers crossed. I'm also training to do Ski patrol at Holimont this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was trash last year, some places make snow better than others. I even went up to Quebec city in January and they had a bad season by their standards.., I skiied Le Masif and Mt St Anne there. As @Elevenpointed out, we had a lot of storms but they were all too north for the slopes to benefit from them. I heard according to the farmers almanac that this year is supposed to be very wet, cold and snowy, so fingers crossed. I'm also training to do Ski patrol at Holimont this year. 

You are a man of many talents. 🍺

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Thanks 😄 

Life is short and I want to do everything I can while my body and mind hold up. 

I think that mentality is starting to take hold a bit more than after the pandemic and everything 

You and your cohorts in the medical profession put in exhausting hours in during the pandemic period. You exposed yourselves to health risks and had to deal with a lot of anger caused by a lot of misconceptions. Public health was politicized and has had a lingering negative effect. Thank you for your service.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.