Rick Jeanneret: 1942–2023

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Is there context I'm not knowledgeable of?

No. I googled the "author"'s name and a few other celebrity books came up. I am intrigued tho. Probably AI generated after someone of note passes away. I'm almost intrigued enough to get the Kindle version right away. But, no Kindle.

Actually Bettie is prolific!

https://www.amazon.com/Books-Bettie-V-Melton/s?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ABettie+V.+Melton&page=3

I got it! And the Kindle app!

It's awesome. A sampling:

In the core of the Bison Sabers' field, where the enthusiasm of the fans meets the energy of the game, an unbelievable voice arose — a voice that would everlastingly entwine with the fate of the group and become inseparable from the actual substance of hockey in Bison. Rick Jeanneret, the maestro of sports discourse, left on an excursion that would lift him to the positions of broadcasting significance and etch his name in the hearts of Sabers devoted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I got it! And the Kindle app!

It's awesome. A sampling:

In the core of the Bison Sabers' field, where the enthusiasm of the fans meets the energy of the game, an unbelievable voice arose — a voice that would everlastingly entwine with the fate of the group and become inseparable from the actual substance of hockey in Bison. Rick Jeanneret, the maestro of sports discourse, left on an excursion that would lift him to the positions of broadcasting significance and etch his name in the hearts of Sabers devoted.

Dear lord

From heart-beating additional time objectives to amazing saves, Rick's calls turned into the soundtrack to extraordinary minutes that characterize the tradition of the Bison Sabers. Through his graphic authority, he deified players and plays, making accounts that rise above time and keep on resounding with fans long after the last horn has sounded.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is Rip the only truth-teller in Sabres history?

I love that he talked about the Rick before Rick became popular. He joked that the Rick Jeanneret Fan Club at Rick's bar had only 10 members.

He should write a book.

Rip is a savage, as the kids say/used to say.

There is no pretense about and no artifice to him. His stories and perspectives are great.

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is Rip the only truth-teller in Sabres history?

I love that he talked about the Rick before Rick became popular. He joked that the Rick Jeanneret Fan Club at Rick's bar had only 10 members.

He should write a book.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Rip is a savage, as the kids say/used to say.

There is no pretense about and no artifice to him. His stories and perspectives are great.

Paul Wieland.

21 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

For those who don't know or those whose therapy worked so well they forgot, here's how the series with Kuhbeck ended:

Smh.

I was watching a playoff on, I think, ESPN and I saw the Sabres up 5-3.  When I saw that they lost, I swore so loudly that I was thrown out of the campus bar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t know if this has been posted but my god is it awesome. A Who’s Who in the mids 80s😄

This is glorious.

Did they film that round table at the old Aud Club? Between the light fixture, the balcony camera angle, and the apparent sound of cutlery and dishes clinking, I think so.

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Great find. I definitely forgot. What an unfulfilled era that was for the team.

I blame Housley. Why not.

He did ring it around the boards. Then iced the puck after the goal. Then the Sabres got screwed on the offside call. Just put those couple of minutes in the time capsule.

Also... Ted... He was so flat. Hardly a hint of disappointment or shock. He could have been calling the game for Quebec. Maybe one reason Rick took off as Ted wound down was that a passionate fan base was starving for a heartbeat up there.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Also... Ted... He was so flat. Hardly a hint of disappointment or shock. He could have been calling the game for Quebec. Maybe one reason Rick took off as Ted wound down was that a passionate fan base was starving for a heartbeat up there.

Is his PBP included in that compilation?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.