UFAs with Potential destinations

GASabresIUFAN

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not if he wants a 7yr deal in the 7mil range. But I would suspect Adams will ask what orlov wants. 

Doesn’t kicking the tires mean asking what he wants.  I agree 7 years is to long for a 32 year old D, but a 5 year deal with an average cap hit of 6 would work.

There is only one person on that list that I would be interested in, and it is Orlov, and I could tolerate it at the price @Brawndo suggests, with the knowledge that in three years the Sabres can ship him to the Coyotes (wherever located) or Columbus.  No no-trade clause at 31, Dmitri.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Eleven said:

There is only one person on that list that I would be interested in, and it is Orlov, and I could tolerate it at the price @Brawndo suggests, with the knowledge that in three years the Sabres can ship him to the Coyotes (wherever located) or Columbus.  No no-trade clause at 31, Dmitri.

Buffalo would never operate that way ever

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd be happy if Orlov was the 4D we ended up with. I like the Pesce deal better but Orlov as an FA would be very good and makes us instantly better. 

I'd also make an offer to Bunting. Toronto guy who might like Buffalo as his "local" plan B. We won't go this way but I would. 

Bunting’s issue is personality according to the articles I’ve read.  I doubt KA would bring in someone who could disrupt his locker room.

Here are some of the boxes Orlov checks off for the Sabres

1. Can handle big top 4 minutes.

2.  Solid 2 way play

3. can play either side

4.  Vast playoff experience including winning a Cup

5. Can play any D style

6. Should be a good mentor for the young D

7. Cultural ambassador for our influx of Russian players.  
8. As a UFA we don’t have to use pipeline assets to acquire him.

Contract $ and term biggest obstacle assuming he is interested in playing here. 

50 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bunting’s issue is personality according to the articles I’ve read.  I doubt KA would bring in someone who could disrupt his locker room.

Here are some of the boxes Orlov checks off for the Sabres

1. Can handle big top 4 minutes.

2.  Solid 2 way play

3. can play either side

4.  Vast playoff experience including winning a Cup

5. Can play any D style

6. Should be a good mentor for the young D

7. Cultural ambassador for our influx of Russian players.  
8. As a UFA we don’t have to use pipeline assets to acquire him.

Contract $ and term biggest obstacle assuming he is interested in playing here. 

9.  Under 6’ tall (that’s for @LGR4GM)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.