Would you trade Devon Levi for Connor Hellebuyck with a contract extension?

inkman

Would you trade Devon Levi for Connor Hellebuyck with a contract extension?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Devon Levi for Connor Hellebuyck with a contract extension?

• Yes
    • No

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That might be one of the worst ideas.  

Two rookies ?

What could go wrong

I agree, it should absolutely be an established vet with Levi, one who is accustomed to a large workload 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Do you base where you find employment according to where your sister does? It’s probably just a coincidence 

If my family didn't live in the states and my sister was the only one in the US then yes .

Edit : family is important to me so it be different for others 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If my family didn't live in the states and my sister was the only one in the US then yes .

Edit : family is important to me so it be different for others 

I don’t really think it’s a matter of family being important, or not lol

I suppose now that she’s coming over she may specifically have chosen the beauts cause she herself wants to be close to family while here and they’ve got wind of the fact Andersen is assuredly signing with Buffalo, but that seems pretty far fetched.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean he’s been living here for a long time already 

I'm just saying I would rather be near my sister when I'm already  Comfortable financially but that's me .

I honestly don't know how close he is with his  family though 

Edited by Buffalonill

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t really think it’s a matter of family being important, or not lol

I suppose now that she’s coming over she may specifically have chosen the beauts cause she herself wants to be close to family while here and they’ve got wind of the fact Andersen is assuredly signing with Buffalo, but that seems pretty far fetched.

The only positive I see maybe she gives him info how great buffalo is 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm just saying I would rather be near my sister when I'm already  Comfortable financially but that's me .

I honestly don't know how close he is with his  family though 

Dom Toretto close, I hear

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It just fills me with joy to see you coming around on the Fast and the Furious.

All of them are available in 4K on Peacock, btw.

The most recent one was significantly better than the one before it. It was still over the top, but it was more in line with the ridiculousness of the first 8. 

9 was weird. It was like they were specifically attempting to jump the shark. 10 was actually tongue in cheek and more self aware 

For the record 

If being close to family is the deciding factor I can’t see his sister making the Beauts decision on that principle jiving with the news that Andersen is in negotiations with Carolina

One would think there’d be a reasonable level of certainty if she made her decision based on that idea

Edited by Thorny

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Maybe that's why and isn't this her first real contract in the us? 

Maybe she's not financially secured as much as him 

Maybe that’s why, what? 

If you believe the reports of Anderson being in negotiations are true, I don’t see how that meshes with the idea his sister signed with the beauts because he’s about to be a Sabre. If that was her key factor, seems an awfully risky bet to lock that in if Andersen still very well may sign with Carolina. These factors point to it being a coincidence, if you believe the reporting re: Anderson’s contract discussions 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I didn't know this ? So it's a strong possibility in your opinion 

It cannot hurt, she just graduated from University at Maine this spring. 

The bigger factors influencing his decision will be contract amount and playing time, both which the Sabres can provide next season. 

I believe Tom Webster mentioned the Sabres might be looking at one of the two Carolina Goalies in UFA earlier this offseason

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe that’s why, what? 

If you believe the reports of Anderson being in negotiations are true, I don’t see how that meshes with the idea his sister signed with the beauts because he’s about to be a Sabre. If that was her key factor, seems an awfully risky bet to lock that in if Andersen still very well may sign with Carolina. These factors point to it being a coincidence, if you believe the reporting re: Anderson’s contract discussions 

Sorry read your post wrong .

Thought it was about the sister 

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm hoping they sign Andersen for the vet.

Something about Andersen just don't like.  Just always considered him overrated for what he actually is.  If they can't land Varlamov or one of the really big fish, well, he's better than what they had to be paired with Levi.  But would really like to see them looking elsewhere.  He and Gibson are the 2 guys that have been linked to Buffalo to a degree that this kid would not be happy seeing being the guy they land.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

I know this is a Helle/Levi thread but in a goalie related question, is anyone interested in Fleury for one year?

Wild have Gustavsson to re-sign and Wallstedt in the wings. Both would be cheaper than MAF, and they have cap issues.

I'm very interested but he has a full NMC and from what I've read, both he and the team intend for him to be back next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.