To Kane or not to Kane

JoeSchmoe

Many people here want to move on from VO because of his one dimensional game. Kane brings more in terms of experience, playmaking and stick handling. His skill set is not a big hole on this team. He doesn’t bring elements that are needed like PK, grit, faceoffs and defensive awareness.

I’ve said it before, I would rather bring in Toews as a 4C than Kane as a middle 6W for the requirements I listed above.

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

We could could a vet forward for bottom 6 that can play a heavy game and helps the PK, Kane is not that. 

Actually, that puts it in a nutshell:  If the Sabres need vet help, it's not for a skilled goal scorer.  It's for grit.

One thing just hit me: even if we discount every legitimate and semi-legitimate prospect in Rochester, I could make a persuasive argument that ever player brings something to the Sabres that we could use more of, whereas Kane does not.  In Buffalo, Kane is truly redundant.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.