GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Oh, yeah, that is not on the Sabres fans that are there.  

The poor attendance is 100% on Terry and Kim Pegula.  They are 100% the reason the team is looking at 12 years of play off fraught. 

I have been to  4 home losses and 1 road win this year.  Have not seen a home win in 13 seasons, which was pre Pegula.  

I'm the opposite, I think I'm on an 8-0 streak going to games. 6 of them were post-covid too 

2 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

At least Bitcoin is flying....

I'm stuck in alts right now :( 

1 minute ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

They went to see us crush the Bruins. Eternal optimism. But why complain? Maybe I’m missing you r point. No worries.

Were they also going to the game on their Unicorns to sit next to Sasquatch

If they thought there was going to be a 'Crushing of the Bruins' they are beyond Optimism and more into the Delusional category

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

VO sucks at every other aspect of the game. Can a marginal team with so many holes really afford to keep a player who only contributes in a limited role and who often goes long stretches without even doing that? I think it’s a fair question. 

Regarding the scapegoating, I can’t agree at all given those glaring holes elsewhere that I mentioned previously. 

What do 30 goal scorers usually fetch in a trade? Can VO honestly get us the going rate? 

It is a fair question. I think he’s a luxury we can’t afford. I’m ok with some or a lot of the rest of his game is lousy. I personally think we should have moved him at the deadline. I just think it’s ironic that if we got rid of him, and then in a year or two need a goal scorer. I was not arguing to keep him. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Team that was scoring 4+ goals a game can’t score more than 1 anymore. They don’t care and their system is trash 

Kind of Sad but labeling a NON-PLAYOFF team satisfactory for Development in a Losing stretch when they were in the 8th SPOT is what really is SAD

This is what 11 years of losing does to you

Not ME, Sabres STINK and Adams needs to get FIRED

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Doesn't work: this team played well until the GTG against Washington.  Many players need to learn playoff-level mental toughness.

And how do you do that when you never make it to the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I haven't followed this thread and it's understandable about the negative sentiment, but you gotta love the passion from Cozens.

This year is likely shot, but we've got the core of a good team and the worst is definitely behind us.

....Said pretty much every year for the last 10+ years

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Were they also going to the game on their Unicorns to sit next to Sasquatch

If they thought there was going to be a 'Crushing of the Bruins' they are beyond Optimism and more into the Delusional category

Leave my unicorn out of it! Man I like the Bills and Sabres. Get pumped up every year to get get in the crotch. It what us die hard fans do. Do not look for an argument on my stance. Buffalo sells hope and I get in line. What section is Sasquatch sit?

1 minute ago, TRIP65 said:

Kind of Sad but labeling a NON-PLAYOFF team satisfactory for Development in a Losing stretch when they were in the 8th SPOT is what really is SAD

This is what 11 years of losing does to you

Not ME, Sabres STINK and Adams needs to get FIRED

Sabres will get another participation trophy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would rather believe it is the lack of support by the Front Office not wanting to risk losing precious Picks and prospects, or deviating from the 'Future' plan by showing faith in this group that they could make the playoffs with a bit of help.....

Instead of rewarding this group with getting further then people believed and being in a position to make the playoffs, they are told the future is more important and that just making the playoffs isn't going to help their development.....

Rochester would do better in NHL right now

Adams using NHL Club for development, that happens when you tanked and had no AHL club good enough to develop. Now we have Two Development Programs and Rochester is doing much better than Sabres. Kulich is playing better than any rookie up here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.