Sabres Practice Lines 1/3/22

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That lineup is missing JJ and Quinn so badly. 

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch

Olofsson-Krebs-Quinn

JJP-Cozens-Okposo

Zemgus - Asplund - Hinostroza

Murray

image.png.10e007f50a730baa4b22b08973b6d730.png

Their time will come, right now any moves to take time away from the jag vets will only diminish whatever assets we'll get back for them at the trade deadline. JJP and probably Quinn still need time in the AHL to develop and Krebs vision is probably the part of his game most ready to move up but you don't want to put to much pressure on him either. I'd rather have used a different word than pressure but I haven't had my full of coffee yet to come up with a better one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Is Zemgus in danger of being healthy-scratched?  I'd be surprised if Hayden or Asplund were in the lineup in his stead, but those practice lines don't look good for Zemgus.

He had a non contact Jersey on in practice, so he might need some more time 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Is Zemgus in danger of being healthy-scratched?  I'd be surprised if Hayden or Asplund were in the lineup in his stead, but those practice lines don't look good for Zemgus.

In my view there is no way Zemgus is healthy scratched, or Asplund for that matter.

They've talked up Z's leadership too much. If he's out, it's because they think he needs more recovery time.

What is nice about that forward group is that there are 16 viable NHL options for Donnie to choose from.

Yes 2 of them are still prospects, but we could literally ice a lineup that has only one of Hayden, Eakin, Jankowski, Bjork and Caggiula in it, and any one of those guys is a legit 12/13 in today's NHL.

Baby steps.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.