Sabres' games against CBJ (20th, 23rd) and COL (22nd) POSTPONED, next game Mon 27th, NYI @ Sabres

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

the unplayed games end up canceled rather than postponed.

...and what kind of a sh!tshow would that be, with teams playing different numbers of games?  Anaheim has played 23% more games than NY Islanders (worst case).  Chances are tie-breakers will be all messed up too.  Anyone who thinks the NHL is going to sacrifice their season to allow their players to play in the Olympics, when a good chunk of them are likely to opt out of the Olympics anyway, is smoking asbestos.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Can they really still stop players from going ? 

No, but how many will go to the Olympics under these circumstances, especially with the chance of getting stuck in quarantine for 5 weeks?  I mean, besides Ovi?

6 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

oh my god omg GIF by CBC

Interesting... but did you post the Nice Vibes Only thing?  Cuz I didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

...and what kind of a sh!tshow would that be, with teams playing different numbers of games?  Anaheim has played 23% more games than NY Islanders (worst case).  Chances are tie-breakers will be all messed up too.  Anyone who thinks the NHL is going to sacrifice their season to allow their players to play in the Olympics, when a good chunk of them are likely to opt out of the Olympics anyway, is smoking asbestos.

Well, they aren't going to cancel games, so ...

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

No, but how many will go to the Olympics under these circumstances, especially with the chance of getting stuck in quarantine for 5 weeks?  I mean, besides Ovi?

Interesting... but did you post the Nice Vibes Only thing?  Cuz I didn't.

I did. I was hoping you have fun with it!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.