Rochester @ Lehigh Valley - 7:00 pm AHLTV

inkman

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

R2 just went all D2 and scored in the shootout 

Peterka with an I’ll advised horizontal shootout attempt that actually goes in.  Amerks win in the SO.  

2nd replay showed it was a helluva shot.

Your point stands.

I agree that Peterka has faded the last week or two. He’s certainly missing the chemistry with Quinn, but he just isn’t showing the burst he was earlier in the year.

Disagree on Krebs. He was very noticeable to me - mostly in a good way, although he continues to force some passes and I just don’t see 1C skill. I do see 2C reads and effort. Did better on battle tonight, and he’s very good in rotating back to where the puck is going after a battle concludes. Appert was leaning on him like he was Bergeron: PP, PK, double-shifting, 4-on-3, 3-on-3. Played centre pretty much exclusively, which hasn’t been the case for most of his time in Rochester.

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It didn’t catch up to them initially, but the Amerks missing Murray Jankowski Quinn Fitzgerald Davidson Weissbach is starting to show. Lotta fringe guys filling out the roster right now.

Any team that loses 30% of it's initial roster is going to struggle.  Without those guys teams are able to take away Krebs and JJP.  While I think Jankowski and Murray are gone for good, the rest will return and that will help. It will also help when they get back to full strength in goal be it Tokarski with Dell or UPL with Dell.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Mugsy Malone puts the Amerks ahead 3-2 with 1:20 on the clock. MacInnis with the nice feed from the corner to Malone who was flashing to the crease. 

gotta love Sean Malone.  Wish he had a scoetch more talent, he’d be an NHL for sure. Dude is always working. 

Malone has/had NHL talent. Injuries just killed him.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as the AHL is supposed to be a developmental league for future NHLers tonight was dominated by a career AHL line.

The M line of Macinnis Malone and Mersch dominated the score sheet in this one. 

Mersch is an old school player, a hard working guy the kids can learn from but he makes me laugh sometimes how he skates around bearing down all over the ice. 

He did score from his knees on a deflection like that in this game. 

Dell made that glove save look special. Real old school, throw your glove out kinda save.

Peterka appreciated it and gave him a hug. Dell belongs down here IMO

OT was fun. Peterka with a chance late, how did he stay on his feet?

R2 just looks much more comfortable in Rochester. Like he trusts his skill more. 

Peterka blew his chance by for the win in the shootout. Quite a shot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.