SABRES TRADE ALERT

PTS

... :blink: ?

WTF!!!?!?!

My only theory is that Darcy (back by TG's $$$) is creating a sortof super goalie. It will stand approx. 36 ft tall and weigh around 1000 pounds. It will be created from Leighton, Noronen, Miller, Biron, Askey, and one more goalie that they have yet to trade for...

Unless there are deals in the works to move both Marty and Mika.

That may be possible. But why would they all of a sudden move both after struggling to move one?

I think either Marty or Mika go, more likely Mika. Biron probably backs up Miller, and Leighton starts in Rochester...

We can at least say that for one day... we had 4 goalies on our regular season roster.

Yes, Leighton would have to clear waviers. Both he and Bartovic were placed on waviers yesterday, so I'm wondering if by making it a "trade" does that alleviate the teams from having to pay half the salary or whatever it is? The Hawks website says that Bartovic was assigned to Norfolk, but I haven't heard if Leighton went down to Rochester.

Yes, Leighton would have to clear waviers. Both he and Bartovic were placed on waviers yesterday, so I'm wondering if by making it a "trade" does that alleviate the teams from having to pay half the salary or whatever it is? The Hawks website says that Bartovic was assigned to Norfolk, but I haven't heard if Leighton went down to Rochester.

I think they would have both cleared waivers at noon today. Do they have to clear again now? WGR said Leighton filled the last roster spot.

There's OBVIOUSLY a deal being worked out to include one or more of our goalies. No way do they bring in an AHL guy when they have two on the active roster and one veteran. Mika + Marty, Marty + Ryan, or Mika + Ryan will not be buffalo sabres by the end of the week.

Darcy has given up card collecting for Goalie collecting.

This is money in/money out. Leighton is not an NHL goalie. This is Chicago picking up a player but not wanting to add salary. The Sabres will need a goalie with some experience and they get one without adding payroll. That way they can trade Mika and don't have to get a rostered player in return. Maybe a draft pick or an unsigned prospect.

I'm not as bothered by this as I was about Roy going to the ROC and Connolly and Pyatt staying on the Sabres.

My interpretation is that this won't result in a two goalie trade, but rather it makes one of our three goalies (my thoughts: Mika) extraordinarily expendable without screwing the Rochester Americans.

Thus, the door's wide open to trade one of our netminders, perhaps in combination with one of our excess forwards (read: Pyatt?), for a #2 defenseman. This shrewd move wouldn't hurt the organization any, as Rochester ends up with a decent goalie and the forward is replaced by a very eligible, recently-sent forward (read:Derek Roy?).

Guest Rhett4

The Sabres trade a spare part forward with no hands for a goalie that can anchor the net in Rochester. They can move one of the current 3 goalies, leaving them with 2 and a good one back on the farm. Good move by Regier.

My interpretation is that this won't result in a two goalie trade, but rather it makes one of our three goalies (my thoughts: Mika) extraordinarily expendable without screwing the Rochester Americans.

Thus, the door's wide open to trade one of our netminders, perhaps in combination with one of our excess forwards (read: Pyatt?), for a #2 defenseman. This shrewd move wouldn't hurt the organization any, as Rochester ends up with a decent goalie and the forward is replaced by a very eligible, recently-sent forward (read:Derek Roy?).

No chance in hell you will even get a top 6 D'man for Mikka/Pyatt. Mikka is not a #1(or #2) NHL Goalie and Pyatt is heading down the Wayne Primeau road. At best we could get a garbage for garbage trade. Everbody seems to think we can "package" one of our crappy goalies and a crappy forward and get Chris Pronger in return.

Speaking of Pronger, the Oilers look like they are in serious need of a Goalie and Biron would look great in Edmonton. The only reason I know this won't happen is that it makes too much sense. :D

This is money in/money out. Leighton is not an NHL goalie. This is Chicago picking up a player but not wanting to add salary. The Sabres will need a goalie with some experience and they get one without adding payroll. That way they can trade Mika and don't have to get a rostered player in return. Maybe a draft pick or an unsigned prospect.

I'm not as bothered by this as I was about Roy going to the ROC and Connolly and Pyatt staying on the Sabres.

id say thats right on the money.... noronen would have been lost for nothing if we had tried to send him to ROC and they need someone down there... so leightonen it is... noronen gets traded for something or someone... hopefully some solid defensman to replace cambell.

No chance in hell you will even get a top 6 D'man for Mikka/Pyatt. Mikka is not a #1(or #2) NHL Goalie and Pyatt is heading down the Wayne Primeau road. At best we could get a garbage for garbage trade. Everbody seems to think we can "package" one of our crappy goalies and a crappy forward and get Chris Pronger in return.

The thing about the NHL is that everyone thinks they'll be the team that will turn around a struggling player. Just look at people like Chris Gratton who has been traded a bunch of times over the last few years. Pyatt was an early draft pick, so the talent is there. There would be someone out there who thinks they could get him to reach his potential. But yeah, expecting a top defensemen in return for any package involving Pyatt is a bit of wishful thinking.

Archived