I despise this team

Kong

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Again:  as others have noted repeatedly, he wasn't wealthy when they married.  So the "younger women marrying older men for the their money" thing isn't supported by the facts here, regardless of how often you repeat it.

I don't see the relevance of him being her boss.

You are right that the age difference supports the notion of TP marrying a trophy wife.  It does not support the use of "grasping", which implies that she was a conniving and greedy person who targeted him for his money and who continues to take as much as possible.  I still haven't seen you or the OP introduce anything about KP that demonstrates her being that kind of person.  That's the problem here -- the blithe, unsupported leap to fairly serious accusations about her character that are based entirely on her demographics.

I’ve asked what TP’s net worth was in 1993 which no one has answered me. Do you know what it is? What I know is that he was an engineer with his own company at that point, and gave her his business card when they met. He was also out of college for almost a decade at that point. Let’s not kid ourselves and act as if he wasn’t already well off by anyone’s standard at that point; wasn’t exactly a blue collar, check to check guy in 1993.

30 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I’ve asked what TP’s net worth was in 1993 which no one has answered me. Do you know what it is? What I know is that he was an engineer with his own company at that point, and gave her his business card when they met. He was also out of college for almost a decade at that point. Let’s not kid ourselves and act as if he wasn’t already well off by anyone’s standard at that point; wasn’t exactly a blue collar, check to check guy in 1993.

Think we know the problem here.

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

All good points.  The adversity Jack has faced definitely affects the comparison of the two.  The stability of the Bills organization could be the primary reason for success or it’s quite possible that it’s the leadership of Josh and his superior skill. Probably somewhere between.  And while the Sabres have had no success, is it not plausible  that Jack has contributed to the problems of the organization?  We know ownership and FO are definitely a factor.  It’s also not fair to paint a picture that Jack has not had complimentary pieces to help while Josh has.  Kane, Skinner and Hall to name a few.  As my comments were directed to what each player represents to their team at this very point in time, the addition of Diggs helped Josh achieve a third place finish in the MVP voting.  What did Hall do for Jack prior to the injury this year?  I know, it’s RFK and Hall’s fault.  Or Adam’s or Terry.  But definitely not Kim’s fault as we’ve established in this same thread.  Jack’s top finish in Hart voting was 8th in 2019, and this year was lackluster.  I know, injury suffered before camp. I’m curious as a medical doctor how you can be so defensive of Jack considering his recent wedge issue over surgery.  To me it’s abundantly clear he is obfuscating this issue and it’s all about him getting traded.  What is your professional opinion about the request for surgery?  Do you not except the Sabres Medical opinions based on fruit from a poisonous tree logic?  We probably will not come to agreement on Jack. A Captain, a leader should have integrity, perseverance and emotional intelligence to drive an organizations future success.  A player not in possession of these qualities when challenge would want to be traded.  

Josh Allen Career has been a unicorn. He went from 52.8 to 69.2 completion percentage in three seasons, that’s almost unheard of. His Decision Making has improved dramatically That’s a testament to Josh working hard, but also the Bills putting Him into position to succeed with Daboll, Dorsey and of course Jordan Palmer. They all worked the flaws in His Mechanics to turn Him into the One of the Best Young QBs in the League. The Bills, before the AFC Championship Game, were considered the most advanced team in the NFL went it came to the use of analytics. Daboll’s Offensive Schemes were unpredictable and He is one of the best OC’s in the game. Jack had Krueger and His Defensive Principles and the Sabres Analytics Department is a joke. Give Josh Allen, the equivalent of Krueger for two seasons in the form of Dick Jauron as HC and Steve Fairchild as an OC and see what happens. 

Yes Jack has been given assets in the form of Kane, Skinner and Hall. However in the NHL it takes a minimum of three good lines to be successful. The Sabres have neglected or traded the 2C position, the second and third lines have been not filled out by quality NHLers Jack’s Entire Tenure. The other quality line the Sabres have had for the past few seasons was broken up with Larsson’s Departure. (They played the minutes of a mid six line, but were primarily given defensive zone starts)  Also The Bills  Offense was on the field for close to 31 minutes a game, Jack and His Linemates have 17-18 minutes of 5v5 per game and as you know unlike in football, NHL Players do not always have the puck compared to NFL Teams who have the football on offense.  Even the best in the player in the NHL, Connor McDavid cannot carry His Team to playoff glory by himself. 

As a Hospitalist trained in Internal Medicine I usually recommend patients undergo extensive rehab if possible prior to deciding on any surgery. However I am not a neurosurgeon and I have not examined Jack nor looked at His Medical Records so I cannot conclusively come to a recommendation. Also look at the track record of the Sabres Medical Staff. Injuries that are initially listed as day to day soon turn into missing weeks to months of time, so like the rest of the Sabres Organization they do not always get the benefit of the doubt. That all being said, the type of surgery Jack wants to have Has never been performed on a NHL Player, so not wanting Your Franchise Player to be the first, I can understand where they are coming from, especially since the Second Opinion in Colorado agreed with the Sabres Doctors. 

Jack is not completely without blame. He wears His Frustrations on Face and breaks sticks in anger at times.  I do disagree with people who say Why can’t Jack be a leader like Josh Allen? One was placed in the best case scenario for His Development and too accentuate His Leadership Qualities for a Model NFL Franchise. The other was placed in the one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports, that hasn’t been close to winning in any of His Six Seasons. There is a current NHL Coach who said about the Sabres “Everything they touch turns to Sh!t and the entire league knows it” 

Before the 2019-20, the Sabres namely Botterill and Krueger asked Jack to take His Game to the next level. He did just that and when Hall was on the market from NJ, Jack asked Botterill about acquiring Him. He was also upset by the fact that during their 10 game winning streaks during two separate seasons Eichel was upset that the front office didn’t acquire any help to see if they could sustain it. Wayne Simmonds and Frolik ain’t it.  Both Beane and Botterill have said at end of the seasons PCs that I need to surround My Franchise Player with more talent. One actually followed through. 

I believe we are entering a new era of sports, where players are realizing they have more power over Their Careers than Their Predecessors. I think you are going to see more players forcing their franchises to move them out of bad situations. Pierre Luc Dubois was the first player to do so, but will not be the last. I don’t agree with the players doing this but this is the future I believe. 

In Jack’s Case I believe there is mutual interest by both sides to move on and that’s probably best for all involved at this.

Regarding the Bills, Sean McDermott likes to use everything available to Him to give the Bills a Competitive Edge. As He mentioned last week in His Press Conference having to continue with the NFL Covid Restrictions because they haven’t reached the percentage of Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel vaccinated necessary to relax them and it’s concerning to Him.

This is a team that lost Tommy Sweeney for the season to Viral Cardiomyopathy a complication of a Covid Infection. Had a another player opt out because of a fear of Covid. Also Tre White seriously considered opting out as well. 

Josh Allen appears to be in direct conflict and not doing what is best for His Team by apparently not getting the Covid Vaccine. He mentioned in March that he wanted to do more research and wasn’t sure if He was getting the Vaxxed. That did not sit well with the the Bills or the NFL.  Two months later on the shortly after McDermott made His Statements, Allen would not commit to taking the vaccine despite the Bills Medical Staff recommending it for all players. Couple this with Cole Beasley’s Twitter Thread about not getting vaccinated, that was supported by Gabe Davis, Jon Felicano and Jordan Poyer, the Bills Management has reasons to be concerned.  As a Doctor this is more concerning to Me then what Jack is doing secondary to the fact that Josh Allen’s Influence on His Team and the Bills Fanbase is far reaching. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

All good points.  The adversity Jack has faced definitely affects the comparison of the two.  The stability of the Bills organization could be the primary reason for success or it’s quite possible that it’s the leadership of Josh and his superior skill. Probably somewhere between.  And while the Sabres have had no success, is it not plausible  that Jack has contributed to the problems of the organization?  We know ownership and FO are definitely a factor.  It’s also not fair to paint a picture that Jack has not had complimentary pieces to help while Josh has.  Kane, Skinner and Hall to name a few.  As my comments were directed to what each player represents to their team at this very point in time, the addition of Diggs helped Josh achieve a third place finish in the MVP voting.  What did Hall do for Jack prior to the injury this year?  I know, it’s RFK and Hall’s fault.  Or Adam’s or Terry.  But definitely not Kim’s fault as we’ve established in this same thread.  Jack’s top finish in Hart voting was 8th in 2019, and this year was lackluster.  I know, injury suffered before camp. I’m curious as a medical doctor how you can be so defensive of Jack considering his recent wedge issue over surgery.  To me it’s abundantly clear he is obfuscating this issue and it’s all about him getting traded.  What is your professional opinion about the request for surgery?  Do you not except the Sabres Medical opinions based on fruit from a poisonous tree logic?  We probably will not come to agreement on Jack. A Captain, a leader should have integrity, perseverance and emotional intelligence to drive an organizations future success.  A player not in possession of these qualities when challenge would want to be traded.  

Top points for using the word "obfuscating." Nice vocab and of course true.

48 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That all being said, the type of surgery Jack wants to have Has never been performed on a NHL Player,

I’ve been dying to ask someone that has the training to answer this question. 
What surgery is he asking for? Partial laminectomy? That’s a walk in the park. Why deny that? Even a worthless bozo like me can get that and go back into the pile in 4-6 weeks.

Is he asking for a full laminectomy with a replacement disk? That’s a different story. If he’s looking to do that at his age then he is fool. 

Even a trifling talent such as myself would be denied that surgery with the expectation to continue my full contact career. My good friend had it done and the career as an Ironworker was finalized. We aren’t worth the weight of the fingers on the keys to even tell the story, that’s how prohibited that surgery is IMO.

10 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve been dying to ask someone that has the training to answer this question. 
What surgery is he asking for? Partial laminectomy? That’s a walk in the park. Why deny that? Even a worthless bozo like me can get that and go back into the pile in 4-6 weeks.

Is he asking for a full laminectomy with a replacement disk? That’s a different story. If he’s looking to do that at his age then he is fool. 

Even a trifling talent such as myself would be denied that surgery with the expectation to continue my full contact career. My good friend had it done and the career as an Ironworker was finalized. We aren’t worth the weight of the fingers on the keys to even tell the story, that’s how prohibited that surgery is IMO.

From reports it sounds like a full laminectomy with an artificial replacement disk. 

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From reports it sounds like a full laminectomy with an artificial replacement disk. 

Good Lord! Every guy I know with that surgery is was the last resort. Who the hell would perform that on someone that young without severe limitations? Dr. Nick?!season 6 episode 23 GIF

On 5/30/2021 at 9:43 AM, Taro T said:

Really not wanting to be a part of this thread, but this post brings up a Q, as had not realized K Pegula was the president of pretty much all the organizations under the PSE umbrella.

Is PSE (or are any of the subsidiaries) a WBE or, if not, is it or are any subsidiaries applying for that status?

I wouldn't be surprised.  PA has pointed out that who owns the franchise has been stated differently at times.  Whatever helps maintain the Pegulas lifestyle, afterall...

On 5/30/2021 at 8:31 AM, PASabreFan said:

What an accomplished woman. It's funny that a bunch of guys are opining on this. I wonder what real women of accomplishment think of Kim.

Would Kim Pegula hold any of these positions if She was not the owner of the teams, absolutely not.

Is she qualified for any President Positions that She holds that’s also a resounding negative. 

Have the Pegulas taken a proud franchise, destroyed its reputation and made it a laugh stock in the league, absolutely.

What some posters take umbrage too, is questioning Her Overall Intelligence because she was working as a waitress when she met Terry. She does have a Degree from Houghton College.  

I have no clue how wealthy Terry was when they met and were married in 1993. However a google search reveals that East Resources did not have its First Major Acquisition until 2000 and then sold the rights to its gas holdings to Royal Shell in 2010 for 4.7 Billion.  How do we know Kim wasn’t the driving force behind East Resources Success coupled with rising natural gas prices? 

So I’m not sure referring to Her as a Gold Digger is appropriate either. She’s certainly no Anna Nicole Smith 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/29/2021 at 11:52 AM, LabattBlue said:

It’s not the Bills leadership(Beane and McD) as much as it was lucking into Josh Allen.  Think about where that team would be today if they had ended up with Rosen instead of Allen?

That being said, there is no easy turnaround for the Sabres.  Best players want out, greener than green GM who was hired because the owners are “comfortable” with him, still have a gutted off-ice hockey staff, no HC, goaltending is a mess, etc...

Who picked Allen in the draft? It’s about leadership. 

On 5/29/2021 at 8:20 PM, Radar said:

You called Kim Pegula a "trophy wife" but you don't buy into personal assessments. You just make them.

I’m not agreeing with the comment but if you would let it drop it would fade away. You are keeping it alive. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with 99% of what the OP said.

I, too, have been a fan since 1970. My father took me to games to see the French Connection, etc., and it was a team you could have pride following. There was a connection with the city and fans. That is all lost and seems nothing like what we experienced back then.

I truly believe is has to do with management and leadership. The Bills are successful because they found Beane and McDermott. From there they built a team we can believe in. They brought in players with the right character. Doesn’t everyone feel Josh is a “Buffalo guy”? His work ethic and personality (don’t tell me when he jumped over a linebacker you didn’t jump out of your seat) fit the team and city perfectly. 

The Pegulas need to find the hockey equivalent of Beane and McDermott. That’s on them 100%. If they do, the posts here will change quickly. Until them, they deserve the criticism they are receiving by fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TgeekB said:

Who picked Allen in the draft? It’s about leadership. 

My point is if they were so enamored with Allen, they were risking that he would be taken in the first few picks.  That is where they were “lucky”....that he lasted until the 7th pick. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

My point is if they were so enamored with Allen, they were risking that he would be taken in the first few picks.  That is where they were “lucky”....that he lasted until the 7th pick. 

Allen had a pretty good consensus as the fourth  ranked QB in that draft I believe.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

There is luck in every draft but you have to have a plan. You have to have a clue what you are doing and make that plan work even with draft surprises. No one can argue what they’ve accomplished. 
The Sabres on the other hand…..

I don't usually comment of these threads but I do have some thoughts that might come out terribly but read it through and it should make sense. Disclaimer: Rampant speculation below:

When Terry met Kim--Terry was not wealthy, was by no means handsome, but was a burgeoning businessman

When Kim met Terry--Terry was not wealthy and was by no means handsome. Kim was working through college, had a stable home life with her adopted family, and was/is very attractive

---break---

At the beginning, there is no clear evidence that Terry was looking for a trophy wife because he did not have the financial status necessary for a trophy wife. He met an employee that he connected with. This has happened in every single work-place I have ever been apart of. 

DIsproven: Kim met Terry with the intentions of his money bags.Terry was young, healthy, and beginning to establish himself but wasn't there yet. The timeline to death is farrrrrrr to long for your standard trophy wife scenario

---break---

Kim as a trophy wife--I am not sure how this can be true because no husband of a trophy wife will be consistently embarrassed by continuous mistakes made by her at a business level. The point of a trophy wife is to show them off and give them money so they have nothing to complain about, not to see them consistently lambasted by fans and the media

---break---

Terry met a young Kim while she was working at a restaurant. At some point, they developed a connection. Terry likely recognized the struggles and hardships faced by Kim's background and wanted to put her into positions to help her have a sense of value. That is what friends and couples do for each out. As far as my research is concerned, becoming President of two Major sport franchises was not the first trial period for her aptitude. Terry trusted her ability to MANAGE and OVERSEE, and put her into those positions. 

--conclusion--

Terry very much loves and supports his wife. More than anything, Terry wants to see her succeed in the the positions she is in. He is willing to ruin a sports franchise than cause internal marital strife. Is this a smart idea? No, probably not. Do I think Terry is placing Kim in these positions because he wants to see her have her own success that she has been fighting for since birth. Do these things, if true, make Terry a bad person? Not in the slightest. Does, if true, these things make him a terrible owner? Absolutely. 

The whole Kim is a gold-digger and a lot of the other borderline or full blown sexism, to me, comes from a place inside a person who has likely never felt the connect Terry and Kim have. Every sign points to the Pegula's being outstanding parents, who have raised tremendous kids, fully funded a D1 hockey program, and a bevy of other things. Is Kim fortunate for meeting Terry? Absolutely. Does that make either of them bad people for wanting their spouse to feel important and as a contributor? No. Does Kim need to step up her game? Absolutely. But this whole sexism thing is still. Terry loves his wife. Terry loves his kids. Terry wants to see their success probably more than he wants to see the Sabres win. The absolute cherry would be the Sabres winning with Kim in charges (which as far as my research shows would be historic). Is it nepotism? Sure. If people want to say Kim would never have this job without marrying Terry--sure. But nothing I have read about the Pegula's screams anything other than a loving family and inept at running a hockey team. 

Hate Kim all you want. I despise the Pegula's for what they have done the the Sabres. But to say sexism is the reason for our failures or that Kim is incapable or righting this ship is BS. 

Lastly, I can't believe I just wrote such a long post defending both Pegulas so I just want to say that I don't like either. But not because Kim is a woman and Terry is an idiot. Sexism is the lazy-man's go to when they can't think critically or need to reason to feel better about themselves. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I don't usually comment of these threads but I do have some thoughts that might come out terribly but read it through and it should make sense. Disclaimer: Rampant speculation below:

When Terry met Kim--Terry was not wealthy, was by no means handsome, but was a burgeoning businessman

When Kim met Terry--Terry was not wealthy and was by no means handsome. Kim was working through college, had a stable home life with her adopted family, and was/is very attractive

---break---

At the beginning, there is no clear evidence that Terry was looking for a trophy wife because he did not have the financial status necessary for a trophy wife. He met an employee that he connected with. This has happened in every single work-place I have ever been apart of. 

DIsproven: Kim met Terry with the intentions of his money bags.Terry was young, healthy, and beginning to establish himself but wasn't there yet. The timeline to death is farrrrrrr to long for your standard trophy wife scenario

---break---

Kim as a trophy wife--I am not sure how this can be true because no husband of a trophy wife will be consistently embarrassed by continuous mistakes made by her at a business level. The point of a trophy wife is to show them off and give them money so they have nothing to complain about, not to see them consistently lambasted by fans and the media

---break---

Terry met a young Kim while she was working at a restaurant. At some point, they developed a connection. Terry likely recognized the struggles and hardships faced by Kim's background and wanted to put her into positions to help her have a sense of value. That is what friends and couples do for each out. As far as my research is concerned, becoming President of two Major sport franchises was not the first trial period for her aptitude. Terry trusted her ability to MANAGE and OVERSEE, and put her into those positions. 

--conclusion--

Terry very much loves and supports his wife. More than anything, Terry wants to see her succeed in the the positions she is in. He is willing to ruin a sports franchise than cause internal marital strife. Is this a smart idea? No, probably not. Do I think Terry is placing Kim in these positions because he wants to see her have her own success that she has been fighting for since birth. Do these things, if true, make Terry a bad person? Not in the slightest. Does, if true, these things make him a terrible owner? Absolutely. 

The whole Kim is a gold-digger and a lot of the other borderline or full blown sexism, to me, comes from a place inside a person who has likely never felt the connect Terry and Kim have. Every sign points to the Pegula's being outstanding parents, who have raised tremendous kids, fully funded a D1 hockey program, and a bevy of other things. Is Kim fortunate for meeting Terry? Absolutely. Does that make either of them bad people for wanting their spouse to feel important and as a contributor? No. Does Kim need to step up her game? Absolutely. But this whole sexism thing is still. Terry loves his wife. Terry loves his kids. Terry wants to see their success probably more than he wants to see the Sabres win. The absolute cherry would be the Sabres winning with Kim in charges (which as far as my research shows would be historic). Is it nepotism? Sure. If people want to say Kim would never have this job without marrying Terry--sure. But nothing I have read about the Pegula's screams anything other than a loving family and inept at running a hockey team. 

Hate Kim all you want. I despise the Pegula's for what they have done the the Sabres. But to say sexism is the reason for our failures or that Kim is incapable or righting this ship is BS. 

Lastly, I can't believe I just wrote such a long post defending both Pegulas so I just want to say that I don't like either. But not because Kim is a woman and Terry is an idiot. Sexism is the lazy-man's go to when they can't think critically or need to reason to feel better about themselves. 

“But to say sexism is the reason for our failures or that Kim is incapable or righting this ship is BS”. 

The fact that after all these years you think Kim Pegula can still right this ship speaks volumes. I don’t even need to bother to press you about the other things you asserted as factual without, well, facts.

As far as thinking critically is concerned, no one even inferred that sexism is the reason for our failures; what did happen was some people got offended and thought the trophy wife comment from Kong was sexist. Try to keep up. 

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

“But to say sexism is the reason for our failures or that Kim is incapable or righting this ship is BS”.

The fact that you think Kim can right this ship speaks volumes. 

It takes very little in her position to right the ship. One meeting in Boca with Karmonos and Adams where they sit them down and say if you want to stop being embarrassed you need to listen to exactly what we say and support our execution. If you don't you're going to continue down this same path and lose the whole franchise. Guess what? All Kim needs to do is listen. Kim wants to sit in on every meeting 365 to gain more insight and understanding to the plan who gives a *****? If Kim wants to stand on a Podium on city hall and say wow I can't even begin to describe what it means to be the first woman to lead a Stanley Cup who the ***** cares if her only role was sitting in meetings and asking questions to gain a better understanding? There's a whole lot of ways Kim can right the ship by doing very, very little. Do I think the Pegula's will roll over to the demands? Probably not. But guess what, that isn't sexism, that's hardheadedness if you're a man and being a bitch if you're a woman. 

Lastly. if you think I have an iota of faith in the Pegulas or the Sabres as a whole I suggest you read through my posting history. There are very few with worse outlooks than myself. That doesn't make me throw out allegations of sexism. Kim Pegula sucks because she can't understand what it takes to be a president of an NHL organization. Kim Pegula does not suck because she is a woman. 

Not to mention, her job isn't to right the ship. Her job is to approve qualified highers to right the ship and then listen intently to what they say. Guess what? There's plenty of men in the position that suck just as bad as she does. 

7 minutes ago, #freejame said:

It takes very little in her position to right the ship. One meeting in Boca with Karmonos and Adams where they sit them down and say if you want to stop being embarrassed you need to listen to exactly what we say and support our execution. If you don't you're going to continue down this same path and lose the whole franchise. Guess what? All Kim needs to do is listen. Kim wants to sit in on every meeting 365 to gain more insight and understanding to the plan who gives a *****? If Kim wants to stand on a Podium on city hall and say wow I can't even begin to describe what it means to be the first woman to lead a Stanley Cup who the ***** cares if her only role was sitting in meetings and asking questions to gain a better understanding? There's a whole lot of ways Kim can right the ship by doing very, very little. Do I think the Pegula's will roll over to the demands? Probably not. But guess what, that isn't sexism, that's hardheadedness if you're a man and being a bitch if you're a woman. 

Lastly. if you think I have an iota of faith in the Pegulas or the Sabres as a whole I suggest you read through my posting history. There are very few with worse outlooks than myself. That doesn't make me throw out allegations of sexism. Kim Pegula sucks because she can't understand what it takes to be a president of an NHL organization. Kim Pegula does not suck because she is a woman. 

Not to mention, her job isn't to right the ship. Her job is to approve qualified highers to right the ship and then listen intently to what they say. Guess what? There's plenty of men in the position that suck just as bad as she does. 

“Kim Pegula sucks because she can't understand what it takes to be a president of an NHL organization. Kim Pegula does not suck because she is a woman”.

Agreed. 

Just now, I-90 W said:

The fact that after all these years you think Kim Pegula can still right this ship speaks volumes. I don’t even need to bother to press you about the other things you asserted as factual without, well, facts.

As far as thinking critically is concerned, no one even inferred that sexism is the reason for our failures; what did happen was some people got offended and thought the trophy wife comment from Kong was sexist. Try to keep up. 

The Kim sexism trope has been going on far longer than today and you have been here long enough to know that. That is simply you playing ignorant to advance your argument. I also didn't say that Kim will right the ship, I am saying that the idea that she is utterly incapable is nonsense. Please do ask for sources, I would love more than anything to prove everything I've said. In fact, I likely wouldn't even have to because 90% of this board understands my argument fully. However, you are continuously misrepresenting my post and putting words in my mouth. To my knowledge (you'll notice I've used these terms all throughout my postings [well, actually you haven't]) she plays no roles related to the product on the ice. Her job, and if it was Terry's job, is to shut the hell up and listen to the experts you hired and approve their decision. You can continue to convolute what I have said or claim that I am making things up, or you can use critical thinking, read what I have wrote, understand you've completely disregarding 5 years of posting, and alter your opinion.  

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

The Kim sexism trope has been going on far longer than today and you have been here long enough to know that. That is simply you playing ignorant to advance your argument. I also didn't say that Kim will right the ship, I am saying that the idea that she is utterly incapable is nonsense. Please do ask for sources, I would love more than anything to prove everything I've said. In fact, I likely wouldn't even have to because 90% of this board understands my argument fully. However, you are continuously misrepresenting my post and putting words in my mouth. To my knowledge (you'll notice I've used these terms all throughout my postings [well, actually you haven't]) she plays no roles related to the product on the ice. Her job, and if it was Terry's job, is to shut the hell up and listen to the experts you hired and approve their decision. You can continue to convolute what I have said or claim that I am making things up, or you can use critical thinking, read what I have wrote, understand you've completely disregarding 5 years of posting, and alter your opinion.  

How can I be misrepresenting your posts when I am directly quoting you? Don’t get upset with me because you are not careful or concise enough with your verbiage.

You’ve asked me to ask you for sources, okay then -  again, what was Terry Pegula’s net worth in 1993? Common reading comprehension would allow you to realize that I’ve already asked that in this discussion to someone else, it was never answered. You’ll notice I use basic logic to conclude that Terry was wealthy in 1993, albeit not like he is today. You say otherwise, walk us through your reasoning. Keep in mind, engineers tend to be well off, especially ones who are nearly ten years out of college and own their own business..

On 5/31/2021 at 4:44 AM, Brawndo said:

Josh Allen Career has been a unicorn. He went from 52.8 to 69.2 completion percentage in three seasons, that’s almost unheard of. His Decision Making has improved dramatically That’s a testament to Josh working hard, but also the Bills putting Him into position to succeed with Daboll, Dorsey and of course Jordan Palmer. They all worked the flaws in His Mechanics to turn Him into the One of the Best Young QBs in the League. The Bills, before the AFC Championship Game, were considered the most advanced team in the NFL went it came to the use of analytics. Daboll’s Offensive Schemes were unpredictable and He is one of the best OC’s in the game. Jack had Krueger and His Defensive Principles and the Sabres Analytics Department is a joke. Give Josh Allen, the equivalent of Krueger for two seasons in the form of Dick Jauron as HC and Steve Fairchild as an OC and see what happens. 

Yes Jack has been given assets in the form of Kane, Skinner and Hall. However in the NHL it takes a minimum of three good lines to be successful. The Sabres have neglected or traded the 2C position, the second and third lines have been not filled out by quality NHLers Jack’s Entire Tenure. The other quality line the Sabres have had for the past few seasons was broken up with Larsson’s Departure. (They played the minutes of a mid six line, but were primarily given defensive zone starts)  Also The Bills  Offense was on the field for close to 31 minutes a game, Jack and His Linemates have 17-18 minutes of 5v5 per game and as you know unlike in football, NHL Players do not always have the puck compared to NFL Teams who have the football on offense.  Even the best in the player in the NHL, Connor McDavid cannot carry His Team to playoff glory by himself. 

As a Hospitalist trained in Internal Medicine I usually recommend patients undergo extensive rehab if possible prior to deciding on any surgery. However I am not a neurosurgeon and I have not examined Jack nor looked at His Medical Records so I cannot conclusively come to a recommendation. Also look at the track record of the Sabres Medical Staff. Injuries that are initially listed as day to day soon turn into missing weeks to months of time, so like the rest of the Sabres Organization they do not always get the benefit of the doubt. That all being said, the type of surgery Jack wants to have Has never been performed on a NHL Player, so not wanting Your Franchise Player to be the first, I can understand where they are coming from, especially since the Second Opinion in Colorado agreed with the Sabres Doctors. 

Jack is not completely without blame. He wears His Frustrations on Face and breaks sticks in anger at times.  I do disagree with people who say Why can’t Jack be a leader like Josh Allen? One was placed in the best case scenario for His Development and too accentuate His Leadership Qualities for a Model NFL Franchise. The other was placed in the one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports, that hasn’t been close to winning in any of His Six Seasons. There is a current NHL Coach who said about the Sabres “Everything they touch turns to Sh!t and the entire league knows it” 

Before the 2019-20, the Sabres namely Botterill and Krueger asked Jack to take His Game to the next level. He did just that and when Hall was on the market from NJ, Jack asked Botterill about acquiring Him. He was also upset by the fact that during their 10 game winning streaks during two separate seasons Eichel was upset that the front office didn’t acquire any help to see if they could sustain it. Wayne Simmonds and Frolik ain’t it.  Both Beane and Botterill have said at end of the seasons PCs that I need to surround My Franchise Player with more talent. One actually followed through. 

I believe we are entering a new era of sports, where players are realizing they have more power over Their Careers than Their Predecessors. I think you are going to see more players forcing their franchises to move them out of bad situations. Pierre Luc Dubois was the first player to do so, but will not be the last. I don’t agree with the players doing this but this is the future I believe. 

In Jack’s Case I believe there is mutual interest by both sides to move on and that’s probably best for all involved at this.

Regarding the Bills, Sean McDermott likes to use everything available to Him to give the Bills a Competitive Edge. As He mentioned last week in His Press Conference having to continue with the NFL Covid Restrictions because they haven’t reached the percentage of Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel vaccinated necessary to relax them and it’s concerning to Him.

This is a team that lost Tommy Sweeney for the season to Viral Cardiomyopathy a complication of a Covid Infection. Had a another player opt out because of a fear of Covid. Also Tre White seriously considered opting out as well. 

Josh Allen appears to be in direct conflict and not doing what is best for His Team by apparently not getting the Covid Vaccine. He mentioned in March that he wanted to do more research and wasn’t sure if He was getting the Vaxxed. That did not sit well with the the Bills or the NFL.  Two months later on the shortly after McDermott made His Statements, Allen would not commit to taking the vaccine despite the Bills Medical Staff recommending it for all players. Couple this with Cole Beasley’s Twitter Thread about not getting vaccinated, that was supported by Gabe Davis, Jon Felicano and Jordan Poyer, the Bills Management has reasons to be concerned.  As a Doctor this is more concerning to Me then what Jack is doing secondary to the fact that Josh Allen’s Influence on His Team and the Bills Fanbase is far reaching. 

justin timberlake applause GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.