Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

I was actually going to make a thread that made possible Eichel trades for each teams, but duda has done all the work here. 

If we could get anaheim to tack on Rakell, so Rakell, Zegras, Gibson, and Comtois I'd be okay with that one. For Eichel and sumn else.

To be sure, i'd be willing to make that something else good. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But who would be get back in trade that is a proven upgrade over all the kids I just listed? The answer is likely no one, because what we will get back are similar young players, prospects or picks.  Nothing that is a sure fire upgrade.  

I’m not trading Eichel for any reason or any offer.  I believe this team has actually turned the corner.  I’m no longer interested in more prospects.  have those and those kids are proving with each passing game that they are ready to move this team forward.  Why on earth would I remove the best of the lot when he finally has help?

Kevyn?

Edited by gilbert11
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

A lot of them are already doing it though, this is not a Kings basket. 

Buchnevich is already a very good winger, who has strong numbers etched in the book of NHL statistics, not the projections of optimistic fans. Adam Fox is an outrageously good offensive defenseman, right this second. Shesterkin is killing it behind a shoddy defense, not "could," "is". Lafreniere has a better chance at being good, and great, than any of those Kings prospects. Every single one of them could get a good deal better based on their age and experience level. 

Tyler Myers had a very nice rookie year next to Tallinder. Tyler Myers never once had the impact on a game that Fox does every single game I've ever seen him play in. Fox will finish higher in the Norris race this year than Myers ever has or ever will 

Eichel's line is not a "given" for anything, Eichel has been on a line that has scored more goals than they've been scored on while on the ice exactly 1 season in his career, and that number was slipping quickly towards the end of that season and probably would have wound up negative had covid not shortened it. 

Even if you don't like the positional balance of the return, the sheer volume of very good assets would let you fill the center gap fairly easily. Yeah, you won't get a stud 1C back, but you'll have a better team than you did before if you have some ounce of confidence just because of how lopsided the trade is 

I don’t want to nitpick, it’s a strong post. The “probably would have wound up negative thing”, though - we don’t know that but say it’s true: we know Jack wasn’t himself to end that season. Before he got hurt (a massive concern, tbf, and it adds to your overall point) he was simply dominant. 

I just don’t want to parse the one season he had that was to my mind indisputably electric. And it was his most recent one, and it happened around the age where the MacKinnon’s of the world take off. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Curt said:

I’m not of the opinion that Eichel either should be or must not be traded.  He is a great talent, no doubt, but I get none of the feeling that he brings a great deal to the team beyond that.

I don’t mean to sound terribly harsh, but I just don’t see him as a team centerpiece or leader who binds the group together.  I don’t get the impression that everyone would be emotionally crushed without him.

Likewise, I find that I don’t personally carry any special feelings of affection towards him.  I’m happy when he does great things on the ice, but beyond that, I don’t fine any particular reasons to like him.  I’m not emotionally attached to him.

Consequently, I’ll judge any Eichel trade on its merits.  I feel like I’m more willing than most to consider the idea.

Can you explain what it is that gives you the feeling that Eichel isn’t a leader that binds the group together? Something free of variables like, say, the roster around him being terrible, or a bad coach behind the bench? 

What specifically is Jack lacking? Is it his skating style? Curious. 

I certainly see the passion all the time, more than any other player here, what with all those smashed sticks. Based on interviews his maturity is much improved too. And we can’t forget those snaps we sometimes see of him, say, coaching up Dahlin on the bench with the iPad..

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Still no desire to trade Jack, however

If you want to trade with another franchise that needs a shakeup. 

Calgary looks to be an ideal candidate and has supposedly called on Jack. 

The starting point is Tkatchuk, Lindholm and what else?

Hell no 

And that trade is the best of the bunch in this thread, which is truly filled with stinkers

honest to goodness stinkers 

@dudacek

10 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Well you can always relay stuff you get and/or other assets into centers. I agree you aren't getting a franchise C this summer if you move Jack, (barring a weird Barkov swap), but if you don't think we could get Tkachuk and Lindholm for Jack, then I don't think we have any common ground for Jack's value in this discussion. 

We are playing without Jack right now and doing well, sure, but even that is only winning us 5 of 10 games in the most charitable bunch you can grab, and that's with regression to the statistical mean in a lot of categories - we are regularly getting severely out-chanced in these games and over the course of a full season would not win a lot of games even with the improvement in individuals within the team. Then you'd be furious at the GM for having the gall to not make big changes and stick with status quo, by the way. 

This conversation is probably pointless though if you really truly believe that we can't upgrade this current roster skeleton playing tomorrow in an appreciable way with an Eichel return. I have no idea why you're so down on that potential return

You’ve taken a couple understandable shots at the logic of GAs posts in this thread, but the bolded is a bit of a doozy itself. No self respecting Sabres fan can look at our *complete inability* to add centres, for years, and suggest parlaying received or current assets into good centres is something at all likely 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1