OT:Toronto Blue Jays to Play Games at Sahlen’s Field this Summer

Brawndo

11 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

One complaint about playing in Dunedin is that every game was an away game after the Canadian snowbirds went home.

In Buffalo, will there be people actually cheering for the Jays? Likely not against the Yankees, but how about the other teams?

Marlins will definitely have predominantly BJs fans.  Likely the 'Stros as well but not as heavily.

Yanks - not a chance in heck.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same with the Red Sox.

Have the Sox officially been added to the Buffalo slate?  Saw that Orange Birds go on sale on the 3rd.  But those were the only 4 that had officially been listed as of 1 week ago.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Have the Sox officially been added to the Buffalo slate?  Saw that Orange Birds go on sale on the 3rd.  But those were the only 4 that had officially been listed as of 1 week ago.

It all depends how long into the season the Jays play in Buffalo. The Sox are scheduled to play July 19-21 and Aug 6-8.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/26/2021 at 10:32 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

It all depends how long into the season the Jays play in Buffalo. The Sox are scheduled to play July 19-21 and Aug 6-8.

Now that the Leafs are out, and if they go on a tear up the standings, maybe the Ontario Government will get an exemption from the Canadian government to allow them back 

If Charlie keeps 'managing' they way has has been, the Jays fans may let Buffalo keep the franchise.......

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Now that the Leafs are out, and if they go on a tear up the standings, maybe the Ontario Government will get an exemption from the Canadian government to allow them back 

If Charlie keeps 'managing' they way has has been, the Jays fans may let Buffalo keep the franchise.......

There's already talk of allowing NHL teams in for the semifinals, solving the issue of the North division champ being able to play at home. I have a hunch the Jays will be back at Centre Rogers soon. But I got my tickets for Saturday and Sunday so I'm good.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's already talk of allowing NHL teams in for the semifinals, solving the issue of the North division champ being able to play at home. I have a hunch the Jays will be back at Centre Rogers soon. But I got my tickets for Saturday and Sunday so I'm good.

True, but the remaining team that would face this issue is going to be from Manitoba or Quebec, Quebec has already opened things back up and had fans in the arena. Manitoba is getting hit now so who knows. Ontarios government has been fighting with the Canadian government to restrict the borders even more and won't be starting the re-opening of the province plan until the 14th. It took a game 7 of a hockey series and some begging to even allow 500 fully vacinated health care workers in to watch the Leafs game last night

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I imagine it will be a while before the Ontario Government allows Fans to attend games at Rogers Centre. The revenue from being able to sell tickets in Buffalo, might keep them here longer. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.