Rip Simonick Video

\GoBillsInDallas/

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

Gilmour wasn't hated until he cost the Sabres game 7.

Housley & Smehlik.  That's where the hate flows.  (Zhoey Zhuneau gets a dishonorable, though brief, mention.)

Gilmour for me all came with the Varada incident. I never liked Smehlik, but thinking back on it he probably got more hate than he deserved. 

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

Gilmour for me all came with the Varada incident. I never liked Smehlik, but thinking back on it he probably got more hate than he deserved. 

He definitely got more hate than he deserved.  Another Sabre put in a position he wasn’t properly suited for.  But it became his fault.

I've mentioned this before. I'm always shocked that trainers and equipment managers, medical staff and the like, team PR/media etc. survive new GM-coaching regimes. These are people who are in the ears of the players every day. Why wouldn't you want your own people? How much of the losing culture is the culture of these longstanding employees? Ever wonder why some teams can't win in certain buildings when the players are turned over time and again? The voices around players matter.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've mentioned this before. I'm always shocked that trainers and equipment managers, medical staff and the like, team PR/media etc. survive new GM-coaching regimes. These are people who are in the ears of the players every day. Why wouldn't you want your own people? How much of the losing culture is the culture of these longstanding employees? Ever wonder why some teams can't win in certain buildings when the players are turned over time and again? The voices around players matter.

Do they have their own people?

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Their "staffers" if you will; the people who make the organization tick.

The GM has had the same secretary for many years, for example.  They don't need to rotate out everyone in the organization just b/c the GM or coach are new.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.