Practice Lines 1/29/21; Reinhart Day to Day with an UBI

Brawndo

I’d be surprised if Sam misses any time.

It’s probably from the cheap shot he took (what the hell was he doing in the dirty areas anyway?) after scoring comes on the heels of another that made him miss a shift a few games ago.

They kept him out of practice to rest and heal, but he’ll play. Dude never misses. He’s one tough *****.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Curt said:

People really coming down hard on Okposo.  I hope everyone remembers that he is not some AHL bum.  He has been a consistently good bottom 6 forward.  He was off from action for 10 months, then suffered an injury that kept him out for another 3 weeks.  It might take a guy a few games to get back to full speed.

And I didn’t even think he looked particularly bad last night.

U said it all right there.

He hasn't been in action for close to a year. He has had his moments in this league and on this team but the league has passed him by. 

It's a young, fast guys league now. They have the energy, they have the drive. 

He can still win puck battles and snipe a goal or two but he has to get to those areas first. So far, he hasn't been.

41 minutes ago, Norcal said:

U said it all right there.

He hasn't been in action for close to a year. He has had his moments in this league and on this team but the league has passed him by. 

It's a young, fast guys league now. They have the energy, they have the drive. 

He can still win puck battles and snipe a goal or two but he has to get to those areas first. So far, he hasn't been.

Being realistic, it’s just not going to happen.

By so far, do you mean 3 games?  I think we should give it a few more games.

The alternative is paying him $6M with a cap hit of $4.9M to not be on the roster.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Paul Hamilton called Sam tough yesterday with Schopp & Bulldog.  I almost fell outta my chair.  

2 hours ago, Weave said:

But narratives....

He's missed a TOTAL of 6 games in his entire 5 year career, all of which were in his first two seasons (and I don't even know if he missed due to injury... that would require some digging).  In the last 3 seasons he hasn't missed a game.

29 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's missed a TOTAL of 6 games in his entire 5 year career, all of which were in his first two seasons (and I don't even know if he missed due to injury... that would require some digging).  In the last 3 seasons he hasn't missed a game.

There were two narratives being crushed there.  A sort of double narratendre.

56 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

There were two narratives being crushed there.  A sort of double narratendre.

I certainly don’t question his toughness or ability.   Paul on the other hand had demeaned Sam on every occasion possible. 

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.