Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

AHL Season Canceled?

Recommended Posts

For the love of God, could these leagues stop talking about somehow finishing their seasons! It's over, rich white pricks. Live with it. Focus your attentions on doing something for the world. It's not the tragedy of all tragedies that the A H Freaking L won't finish a season and crown a champ.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OHL canceled the rest of their regular season yesterday, still holding out for a potential playoffs and Memorial Cup, but it's looking like that won't happen either and it's just a matter of time in case the impossible happens and tomorrow everything is over.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 11:27 PM, PASabreFan said:

For the love of God, could these leagues stop talking about somehow finishing their seasons! It's over, rich white pricks. Live with it. Focus your attentions on doing something for the world. It's not the tragedy of all tragedies that the A H Freaking L won't finish a season and crown a champ.

No one in this country cared until the NBA shut down.  People want their sports, so it's far from just a bunch of rich folks trying to make their money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2020 at 11:27 PM, PASabreFan said:

For the love of God, could these leagues stop talking about somehow finishing their seasons! It's over, rich white pricks. Live with it. Focus your attentions on doing something for the world. It's not the tragedy of all tragedies that the A H Freaking L won't finish a season and crown a champ.

 

52 minutes ago, shrader said:

No one in this country cared until the NBA shut down.  People want their sports, so it's far from just a bunch of rich folks trying to make their money.

But as Mike Schopp pointed out yesterday, the NHL really comes across as desperate for $$$.  Like they need it.  I'm guessing some of the cash poor owners do.  Which makes me wonder about the Pegulas.  I know they are worth 6 bill or whatever but they act like they are cash poor. Is it even a possibility?  Or are they just like depression era kids who need to hoard and treat food as if it's the last meal they'll ever get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inkman said:

 

But as Mike Schopp pointed out yesterday, the NHL really comes across as desperate for $$$.  Like they need it.  I'm guessing some of the cash poor owners do.  Which makes me wonder about the Pegulas.  I know they are worth 6 bill or whatever but they act like they are cash poor. Is it even a possibility?  Or are they just like depression era kids who need to hoard and treat food as if it's the last meal they'll ever get. 

Everyone is going to lose money thanks to this.  The owners, just like every other person out there, don't want to lose money.  Does this sort of reaction from them really surprise anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrader said:

Everyone is going to lose money thanks to this.  The owners, just like every other person out there, don't want to lose money.  Does this sort of reaction from them really surprise anyone? 

I'm talking about how the Pegulas act in general. Maybe it's just perception but they seem to skimp on a lot of the little things that make you wonder if it's a cash flow issue or sheer incompetence of their support staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm talking about how the Pegulas act in general. Maybe it's just perception but they seem to skimp on a lot of the little things that make you wonder if it's a cash flow issue or sheer incompetence of their support staff. 

Being an outsider I don’t ever get to see this stuff, so I’ll have to take people’s word for it. 

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

But still the STH money is due in 1 month. Smh

There’s still plenty of time to correct that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, inkman said:

seem to skimp on a lot of the little things

Like hot water in the bathrooms?

 

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

But still the STH money is due in 1 month. Smh

Sadly they already have my money for next year. What I'd like to know, because the only email I've received from the org, is what happens with all tickets from this year? I'm told they're good for when the season resumes. That ain't happening.

 

34 minutes ago, shrader said:

I’ll have to take people’s word for it.

It's true. I was excited for the sale to a rich dude at first but now I'm wondering if the sports team buying spree went too far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...