Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Does anyone do Risto for Miller straight across? I don't. A right-shot 40-point D with a physical edge is worth more than a 50-point centre who might not be as intense as he should be.

Nylander for Foote is relatively fair value, depending on team needs, despite our impatience with Nylander and tendency to inflate all things Tampa.

I'd certainly do 30 for Cirelli.

I do the trade because Cirelli and Miller do wonders for our middle six and we have enough hope on D to fill the Risto hole. Tampa might because it fills their big hole on RD and gives them $5 million-plus in cap relief.

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Does anyone do Risto for Miller straight across? I don't. A right-shot 40-point D with a physical edge is worth more than a 50-point centre who might not be as intense as he should be.

Nylander for Foote is relatively fair value, depending on team needs, despite our impatience with Nylander and tendency to inflate all things Tampa.

I'd certainly do 30 for Cirelli.

I do the trade because Cirelli and Miller do wonders for our middle six and we have enough hope on D to fill the Risto hole. Tampa might because it fills their big hole on RD and gives them $5 million-plus in cap relief.

That cap relief is key and I think they want to mix it up a little after they got swept this year. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Tampa calls and offers Miller, Callahan, and Foote for Ristolainen and Nylander. What do you do? 

To me this is a close no.  I think its pretty close to even if you remove Callahan from the deal.  They would need to add something to account for taking on the Callahan contact.

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Alright, Tampa calls... Foote, Cirelli, Miller, Callahan for Risto, Nylander, and 30th overall pick. Now what? 

It's fun to speculate. 

This would do it for me.  I love Cirelli.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Alright, Tampa calls... Foote, Cirelli, Miller, Callahan for Risto, Nylander, and 30th overall pick. Now what? 

It's fun to speculate. 

Easy yes. Give me Cirelli. I don’t think we’re getting both him and Miller, though. Maybe take out the 30th and Miller and I still say yes.

Actually the trade that makes sense is Palat, Callahan, Cirelli and Foote for Risto, Nylander and a sweetner.  Palat is older than Miller with 5.3 against the cap for 3 years. Had only 6 goals this past season. 

I am not advocating for Palat, just thinking it out. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I honestly can't see Tampa moving Cirelli, they need more young guys on cheap contracts, not less.

The Callahan/Miller combo is simple and it solves their cap problems with parts they can replace in-house. That's the package they will try to move and a package the Sabres would be willing to take.

The question is establishing fair value in return.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I honestly can't see Tampa moving Cirelli, they need more young guys on cheap contracts, not less.

The Callahan/Miller combo is simple and it solves their cap problems with parts they can replace in-house. That's the package they will try to move and a package the Sabres would be willing to take.

The question is establishing fair value in return.

Cirelli is only cheap for 1 more year but yes, I think that is the hardest part of this. It doesn't make sense for them to move him. I think Stephens in the AHL is more likely. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I think you probably need a sweetner from Buffalo but could be in the ballpark. 

idk how they view Miller or Stephens. 

The Sabres are relieving the Bolts of $11 million in one fell swoop for parts they don't need.

That's not easy to come by.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.