Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen Recalled to Rochester

Recommended Posts

Per Jason Botterill.

UPL with get some games in Cincinnati with the Cyclones starting in the next week or so 

Edited by Brawndo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Jason Botterill.

UPL with get some games in Cincinnati with the Cyclones starting in the next week or so 

Guess they want him to earn his starts in Rochester.    Still I'd rather have him not be there all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Guess they want him to earn his starts in Rochester.    Still I'd rather have him not be there all season.

If he plays well he’ll get promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonas Johansson has earned his keep, working his way up from Sweden to Cincinnati to Rochester, bettering his SV% and GAA along the way.  Meanwhile, Hamburglar appears to have been playing like hot ass in Rochester.

Likely Hamburglar will backup Johansson night to night, and UPL will get 5-8 callups to Rochester this season, like Johansson did over the past couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Jonas Johansson has earned his keep, working his way up from Sweden to Cincinnati to Rochester, bettering his SV% and GAA along the way.  Meanwhile, Hamburglar appears to have been playing like hot ass in Rochester.

Likely Hamburglar will backup Johansson night to night, and UPL will get 5-8 callups to Rochester this season, like Johansson did over the past couple of years.

That’s definitely not what will happen. UPL is just getting some conditioning games in Cincinnati. He’ll be in Rochester splitting time with Hammond. Or more likely, taking over as starter with Hammond as the backup. Johansson will go to Cincinnati. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say this is just part of his rehab.  Ease him back into playing full games against lower level competition on a team whose results don’t really matter.  He may play one game, then have a week off, play one game, then 4-5 days off, etc etc, working his way up to where he feels ok playing 2 games in 3 days.

When he feels back up to full speed, he’ll be in Rochester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess that's because Hammond is on the sweden trip?

Screenshot_20191104_083025_com.instagram.android.jpg

Edited by steveoath
Looks like it #answerownquestion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...