Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mustache of God

Prospects GDT 9-6-19: NJ Devils Vs Sabres 7:00 PM

Recommended Posts

The Sabres biggest names were their best players.

Jokiharju forced a bad pass, but overall was in the rocking chair. He’s a step above most of these guys.

Borgen was smooth and mean. Asplund smart and feisty.

Cozens had twosuperb touch passes to set up scoring chances.

And VO was the best player on the ice for either team. Man among boys.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Cozens is a very strong skater, and you can see in the way he generates speed that he's going to become even more powerful as his frame fills out.

It's pretty obvious to me that the thing he needs to work on most is his hands. And he will. When they catch up to how fast he can move and how fast NHL opponents are, he's going to be a very effective NHLer.

This. I’ve never bought into the “non-elite ceiling” thing. 

I’m not at all saying he’ll do it, but his ceiling is star player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll actually be able to watch the next two periods closer too, was cooking (and burning) dinner while watching out of the corner of my eye there

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Cozens is a very strong skater, and you can see in the way he generates speed that he's going to become even more powerful as his frame fills out.

It's pretty obvious to me that the thing he needs to work on most is his hands. And he will. When they catch up to how fast he can move and how fast NHL opponents are, he's going to be a very effective NHLer.

If I'm honest, when I watch him the name "Thompson" goes through my mind.

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Olofsson should've had another goal just before the kiddie - Sabres 3rd goal.  Missed a wiiiidddde open net on the 1 timer.  Won't happen often.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Cozens is a very strong skater, and you can see in the way he generates speed that he's going to become even more powerful as his frame fills out.

It's pretty obvious to me that the thing he needs to work on most is his hands. And he will. When they catch up to how fast he can move and how fast NHL opponents are, he's going to be a very effective NHLer.

Cozens has much higher upside. But worrisome me wonders, didn't we say this about Bailey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ... said:

If I'm honest, when I watch him the name "Thompson" goes through my mind.

Lol not even close. 

Cozens has been more impactful than Hughes on and off the puck. You should have seen him in the defensive zone. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Cozens has much higher upside. But worrisome me wonders, didn't we say this about Bailey?

Bailey was a project. Cozens is a top-5 worthy draft talent. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Bailey was a project. Cozens is a top-5 worthy draft talent. 

Totally. But I have to worry about something.

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

Lol not even close. 

Cozens has been more impactful than Hughes on and off the puck. You should have seen him in the defensive zone. 

Well, the feed is a bit blurry, but nothing I saw from him made me react like the rest of you.  I'm not TbGED watching Olofsson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Cozens has much higher upside. But worrisome me wonders, didn't we say this about Bailey?

Don't recall that much hype for Bailey.  More of hope the local boy could excel.

But he definitely was one of the "future big 4.". That didn't quite work out as planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There's a good chance I give into my worst impulses and fully buy the Olofsson hype after this. 

Swedish Stamkos!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would this game by “blacked out” in my region (the South). Why does it f-in matter.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that the teams could be sued for violating something about the TV deal if they were to stream these for everyone to see? I'm not sure of the details though. PM me if you want details on how I'm watching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ... said:

Well, the feed is a bit blurry, but nothing I saw from him made me react like the rest of you.  I'm not TbGED watching Olofsson.

Fair enough, but Olofsson shouldn’t even be skating with these guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Cozens has much higher upside. But worrisome me wonders, didn't we say this about Bailey?

The build and the powerful stride are similar but I saw Cozens make two elite passes that period alone that I’ve never seen from Justin. And, as LGR said, he looked very responsible defensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would this game by “blacked out” in my region (the South). Why does it f-in matter.

Good forking question.  But they did that last year as well.  Have to believe it has to do with either the local broadcasting rights contracts or the board advertising.  (Must be somebody paid for some level of advertising that isn't covered by the way they're broadcasting the games.  Which stinks.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudacek said:

The build and the powerful stride are similar but I saw Cozens make two elite passes that period alone that I’ve never seen from Justin. And, as LGR said, he looked very responsible defensively.

Noticed this too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Well, the feed is a bit blurry, but nothing I saw from him made me react like the rest of you.  I'm not TbGED watching Olofsson.

He's been solid not spectacular but away from the puck he's been great. Had an up close look in the defensive zone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Septembers ago, these Devils prospects ran us over, we would go 5 minutes at a time without puck control in the offensive zone. Last year and this one, we've looked like the better group. It may not mean much but it's a nice feeling.

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Two Septembers ago, these Devils prospects ran us over, we would go 5 minutes at a time without puck control in the offensive zone. Last year and this one, we've looked like the better group. It may not mean much but it's a nice feeling.

We've been very aggressive at puck retrieval 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johansson has looked surprisingly good tonight.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...