What Streaming services carry MSG?

inkman

2 hours ago, Weave said:

That's only partially true.  One of the driving complaints IS the lack of respect for US IP by the Chinese.

Now I need another shower.

I'll say this (as a guy who has been more than happy to take advantage of illegal streams), if you have issues with what China is doing regarding US IP, then you are being a hypocrite if you are using these streams to get your hockey fix.  No judgement here.  I've certainly done my share.  But you should own it if you are going to do it.

*puts soapbox away

This statement and mine are not mutually exclusive ?

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Ah I see its ok to make political commentary in random threads again. Oh joy.

Didn't see you complain about Neo's treatise on affirmative consent laws. Mayhaps you're more concerned with political commentary you dislike than political commentary in and of itself?

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This statement and mine are not mutually exclusive ?

Didn't see you complain about Neo's treatise on affirmative consent laws. Mayhaps you're more concerned with political commentary you dislike than political commentary in and of itself?

Didn’t see it. And no, if it’s on either side of the political spectrum, it’s pretty stupid to spout political commentary in a thread other than political threads. It pollutes and derails the topic. It’s just unnecessary. And sometimes it’s highly ignorant.

But apparently it’s allowed... 

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

You did reply "No" to the assertion that IP is a major reason for the dispute so there is exclusivity here.

Allow me to clarify. IP has been a point of contention between the US and China for decades, naturally. It just hasn't been an impetus for a trade war until now because presidents (and advisors) of both parties and everywhere along the ideological spectrum have understood global trade considerably better than those currently occupying the White House. 

On 9/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, Zamboni said:

I didn’t think you were allowed to post illegal illegitimate streams on Sabrespace....

Correct.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, matter2003 said:

Ehh, most people that dont have sticks up their ass wont mind I'm sure.

Except that you are taking risks for other people, not yourself.  Please cease and desist.

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

No. We're in a trade war with China because the president doesn't understand trade. 

Please knock this TF off.  This is what the politics club is for.

I don't see "illegal" streaming as a political issue at all.  It's about humanity, honesty and personal integrity and how somehow it's seems ok now to steal from a corporation.  If I drop my wallet in line at Wegmans, 100% of the time the person behind me will say, "Hey guy, you dropped your wallet" and give it back to me.  Now if a Brinks truck overturns on a highway and money spills out, people are tripping over themselves to get a handful of cash.  What makes that cash fair game to steal?  Again, if I drop my wallet at Wegmans, would the guy behind me say, "Too bad buddy, it hit the floor therefore it's fair game?"  Because you have an opportunity to steal does not make it ok to steal.  Sure, I'd rather get NHL.TV for free, but that's not right.  I enjoy the entertainment of watching the Sabres and it's worth it to me to pay for it. 

I'm sorry for the holier-than-thou lecture, but in this case, society is much like golf.  We have to govern ourselves and hold ourselves accountable to the rules.  We can't look our kids in the eyes and say stealing is bad, unless of course it's MSG who makes enough money, so therefore it's ok and we're within our rights to cheat them and get it for free.

As the saying goes, “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Correct.

Except that you are taking risks for other people, not yourself.  Please cease and desist.

Get a VPN if you are that concerned about Big Brother..nobody gives a crap about a person streaming...they have far bigger fish to fry and hardly a budget to do it with. 

Edited by matter2003

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Get a VPN if you are that concerned about Big Brother..nobody gives a crap about a person streaming...they have far bigger fish to fry and harsly a budget to do it with. 

I give a crap.  Because you CAN get away with it, doesn't mean you should TRY to get away with it.  Why promote others to sellout their integrity for a hockey game?  There is no greater sin than to tempt an honest man.

13 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I give a crap.  Because you CAN get away with it, doesn't mean you should TRY to get away with it.  Why promote others to sellout their integrity for a hockey game?  There is no greater sin than to tempt an honest man.

Oh please...are you claiming that you have never done anything that falls into a gray area? Those are the types of people you read about in the paper getting busted for embezzling millions of dollars from a company and nobody can believe it.

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Oh please...are you claiming that you have never done anything that falls into a gray area? Those are the types of people you read about in the paper getting busted for embezzling millions of dollars from a company and nobody can believe it.

There is nothing grey about it.  But fussing over someone doing this if you aren't impacted?

“A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people’s business.”

1 minute ago, Weave said:

There is nothing grey about it.  But fussing over someone doing this if you aren't impacted?

“A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people’s business.”

Thanks, Weave.

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Correct.

The “TF” is obnoxious. It really wasn’t that big of a deal.

48 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Thanks, Weave.

It was a bit harsh, but caring about whether someone else uses illegal streams is the equivalent of caring whether your neighbors smoke marijuana recreationally.  It's a busybody thing to care about.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

It was a bit harsh, but caring about whether someone else uses illegal streams is the equivalent of caring whether your neighbors smoke marijuana recreationally.  It's a busybody thing to care about.

You're right.  It's my first year retired and the season hasn't started yet and Risto is still here and there are kids on my lawn.  Busybody has taken me over.  Maybe I need to go next door and partake in some on my neighbor's recreation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

You're right.  It's my first year retired and the season hasn't started yet and Risto is still here and there are kids on my lawn.  Busybody has taken me over.  Maybe I need to go next door and partake in some on my neighbor's recreation.

Come on over!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Yell at the kids.  You'll feel better.

Until they egg your house Halloween night.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Get a VPN if you are that concerned about Big Brother..nobody gives a crap about a person streaming...they have far bigger fish to fry and hardly a budget to do it with. 

The point is that you have zero risk here but the operator of the message board has risk.  

Just so we are clear:  please do not post links to illegal streams here.  

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

The “TF” is obnoxious. It really wasn’t that big of a deal.

Well, please excuse my irritation. 

In this case, someone who is well aware of an important rule here just felt free to indulge himself in breaking it not once but twice.

Littering isn’t that big of a deal either, but if everybody littered we’d be living in mountains of garbage.

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, please excuse my irritation. 

In this case, someone who is well aware of an important rule here just felt free to indulge himself in breaking it not once but twice.

Littering isn’t that big of a deal either, but if everybody littered we’d be living in mountains of garbage.

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Please take this to the politics club. That’s what it is for.

FTFY.

As a mod, you should be above this, yet you always show your political slip.

Why am I not surprised.

If anyone else made that comment, you’d tell them to tone it down or say, “this is obnoxious.”

I am now inviting you to GFY.

See, just like you, it’s okay, cuz I didn’t actually tell you to GFY, I merely invited you to GFY, just like you did. So if you actually did GFY,...  it’s on you, and not me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Why am I not surprised.

If anyone else made that comment, you’d tell them to tone it down or say, “this is obnoxious.”

I am now inviting you to GFY.

See, just like you, it’s okay, cuz I didn’t actually tell you to GFY, I merely invited you to GFY, just like you did. So if you actually did GFY,...  it’s on you, and not me.

No. 

If person A called person B a liar, and person B responded with GFY, I would not call anyone obnoxious, although to be fair I would probably tell both of them to tone it down.

You do not seem to be able to internalize that it is highly offensive to say to someone “you say your motivations are X, but I think you are lying, and that your motivations are actually Y.”

I’m done listening to it.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No. 

If person A called person B a liar, and person B responded with GFY, I would not call anyone obnoxious, although to be fair I would probably tell both of them to tone it down.

You do not seem to be able to internalize that it is highly offensive to say to someone “you say your motivations are X, but I think you are lying, and that your motivations are actually Y.”

I’m done listening to it.

Sure.