The Fourth Annual Sabrespace Meet Up?

tom webster

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Have you waited outside the gate until almost game time to buy on you phone?

I have not tried that and maybe I should.  But I did love the world of physical cash for physical tix.

38 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You mean scalpers?  

Did I use that word?

Edited by Eleven

On 1/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Are we planning on meeting beforehand anywhere at all? 

A few of us are going to get together for dinner at Union Pub before the game.  They have fairly limited seating, but we can see if we could get a larger table or maybe a 2nd one if anybody would like to join us.

Send me or @tom webster a PM & we'll see if we can increase the reservation.

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

A few of us are going to get together for dinner at Union Pub before the game.  They have fairly limited seating, but we can see if we could get a larger table or maybe a 2nd one if anybody would like to join us.

Send me or @tom webster a PM & we'll see if we can increase the reservation.

I'm going to meet you all at UP and already told Woody about it (despite my sarcasm earlier); I can just stand if they can't accommodate us with a table.

Just now, Eleven said:

I'm going to meet you all at UP and already told Woody about it (despite my sarcasm earlier); I can just stand if they can't accommodate us with a table.

We were all set w/ you.  (Have reservations)  But TW and my crew will be there early, so as long as we know how many are coming we should be able to accommodate everyone.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

We were all set w/ you.  (Have reservations)  But TW and my crew will be there early, so as long as we know how many are coming we should be able to accommodate everyone.

Awesome...do they still make the shepherds pie using real shepherds?

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Cool, I'd like to meet up. I'm not sure that I've been to Union pub before. Where do you guys park? And is it walkable to the arena from there?

I’ve always parked on the street but never walked to arena. Taro says it’s about 12 minutes which seems like a nice, leisurely walk. We may push time up to 4:30 in order to grab enough tables. Should we count on you for 2 at 4:30?

21 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’ve always parked on the street but never walked to arena. Taro says it’s about 12 minutes which seems like a nice, leisurely walk. We may push time up to 4:30 in order to grab enough tables. Should we count on you for 2 at 4:30?

Yes please, my gal is supposed to work until 3 tomorrow and would be coming from Olean area so we may be a tad behind, she's trying to switch her day to have it off completely. But we'll be there 

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Union Pub is across Swan from the baseball stadium and is walkable to the arena.  I will see you all at 430 then

We'll see you tomorrow afternoon 😊

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Cool, I'd like to meet up. I'm not sure that I've been to Union pub before. Where do you guys park? And is it walkable to the arena from there?

We normally park at Mike's Lot @Swan & Oak.  (Across the street from the pool & 1 block from the ballpark.)

You've walked the distance from the rink to UP before.  It's right around the corner from Washington Square.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there.

Edited by Taro T
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I went a little early (I'll explain in a bit when I see you all) but I don't think they'll open too much before 430.  The name for the reservation is spndnchz.  It's a Polish name, so just fill in random vowels wherever.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.