Reinhart vs RoR: Who do you value more?

WildCard

Battle of Reinos   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Reinhart vs RoR

• Reinhart
    • O'Reilly

I don't think RoR is necessarily going to fetch you a bigger package. A cap floor team looking for cost controlled youth, like the Hurricanes, would probably prefer Reinhart

In the specific example, though, Carolina would actually prefer ROR probably. After July 1, they owe him 25 mil over 5 years. If Reinhart does eventually become an ROR clone (far from a guarantee) it is almost a certainty that his cap hit and real dollars will end up costing Carolina more by the time it becomes a thing. 

Down the road, sure. I'm thinking about right now.

Right now I can't imagine preferring Sam on a bridge deal to what ROR brings on his cap hit

Y'all just wait until Phil gets his head out of his ass and/or we finally get enough talent, ROR is going to stay right with Jack in the race to be this team's best player since Drury/Briere if not longer

Right now I can't imagine preferring Sam on a bridge deal to what ROR brings on his cap hit

Y'all just wait until Phil gets his head out of his ass and/or we finally get enough talent, ROR is going to stay right with Jack in the race to be this team's best player since Drury/Briere if not longer

I would just use the salary from being forced to dump ROR to overpay some other center who is faster? It's a weird question.

Prefer? No contest if just objective observation.......ROR. He is simply the better player at this time. The polls question is much to simple. This is not would you trade one or the other. Who is the better player? ROR hands down. Age,salary etc.are variables but Sam at this point is not close to ROR as a player.

Edited by Radar

One of those two excels at both center and wing.

One of those two is widely considered one of the top defensive forwards in the league.

One of those two is consistently among the league faceoff leaders.

One of those two is regularly selected to represent their country in international play,

I don't see how the argument is even close.

I’ll take ROR. He’s valauble in all three facets. While I’m left wishing for more ES scoring, his defensive contributions are hard to overlook.

He’s just as productive on the PP as Sam.

He’s our #1 forward on the PK. Sam played all of 56 seconds short handed last year. And ROR doesn’t go to the box ever. He’s always available for the PK.

ROR won more faceoffs than the entire rest of our team combined. Let that sad yet impressive stat sink in.

Hate to say it, but Jack has missed a lot of time. Fingers crossed that two fluke injuries have used up a career’s worth of bad luck and he’s good from here on out. But if my #1 C goes down, I want a #2 C that I’m confident in. That’s ROR.

Oh forgot to mention shootouts- both Sam and ROR suck :P

Edited by EichSnipe

One of those two excels at both center and wing.

One of those two is widely considered one of the top defensive forwards in the league.

One of those two is consistently among the league faceoff leaders.

One of those two is regularly selected to represent their country in international play,

I don't see how the argument is even close.

I continue to be flabbergasted by the apparent ease with which people are willing to part with O'Reilly.

I continue to be flabbergasted by the apparent ease with which people are willing to part with O'Reilly.

In the context of this thread, I can't help but think it is nothing more than an emotional attachment to a Tankfruit.  We are so emotionally invested in the fruits of the tank that we can't put a player traded for above him in importance.

In the context of this thread, I can't help but think it is nothing more than an emotional attachment to a Tankfruit. We are so emotionally invested in the fruits of the tank that we can't put a player traded for above him in importance.

He's younger, by 5 years. That is very significant for a team not even finished with a rebuild Edited by WildCard

He's younger, by 5 years. That is very significant for a team not even finished with a rebuild

I grudgingly vote ROR, but people aren't giving this enough credence.

Next year is the year I make up my mind on Reinhart.

The rebuild doesn't have to take the rest of O'Reilly's prime, but valuing Reinhart's age that heavily is a good way to fulfill that particular prophecy.

Ohh no way buddy. Pretty sure you've advocated and shown a player's prime ends right about 28, which is next year for RoR ;) Edited by WildCard

I grudgingly vote ROR, but people aren't giving this enough credence.

Next year is the year I make up my mind on Reinhart.

But in the hypothetical scenario here, we trade O'Reilly for the same package we could have gotten for Reinhart. By not making up your mind, you run a massive risk of Reinhart being who he has shown to be (a good 45-50 point winger) and no longer have O'Reilly.

But in the hypothetical scenario here, we trade O'Reilly for the same package we could have gotten for Reinhart. By not making up your mind, you run a massive risk of Reinhart being who he has shown to be (a good 45-50 point winger) and no longer have O'Reilly.

And you think that's what Reinhart ultimately ends up as? What's more likely: RoR ends up slipping from 60-65pts, aka out of his prime, or Reinhart hits his prime and goes up from 45-50pts? Reinhart's played his entire career on garbage teams, can O'Reilly say the same?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.