Stanley Cup Finals: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

There’s a graphic out there on Twitter itemizing what round each player on the Caps was selected in. I wanna say all but 5 or 6 are round 1 picks. #culture

I wonder if the Caps sent out a pamphlet to their season ticket holders explaining that they need more 1st round picks and announced a period of "suffering"?

I bet this team goes to White House

No team should ever go to the White house, from any sport, during any presidency, past, present or future.  No matter who is president, he/she has better things to be doing than fawning over, and mispronouncing the names of inconsequential, sweaty jocks.  Presidents should be honoring philanthropists, Nobel prize winners, and other people who are making a real difference in society, not athletes.

Since when does the arrival of the Stanley Cup require fireworks shooting off around it? That lily needs no gilding. I was dismayed.

I think the Cup skate is better than in the past in that they've severely limited the folks milling around and clogging things up. You can see the players. The photographers are even required to wear black. The short skate isn't good.

As good as this season was, with the Vegas story and Ovi winning and scoring up, in the end, the NHL was the NHL. They let Ovechkin slash a Knight on a breakaway, a penalty all season long. Then, off a faceoff in the Washington zone very late, one of the Caps in open ice basically slew footed a Knight and got away with it. Surely Ovechkin and his teammate knew no penalty would be forthcoming. I'll never understand that mentality. And those weren't dinosaurs making the calls, but fairly young refs.

Since when does the arrival of the Stanley Cup require fireworks shooting off around it? That lily needs no gilding. I was dismayed.

At first I felt this way... but then I thought maybe Bettman’s jacket would catch fire, so I got over it

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team as happy for one player — the captain to boot — as the Capitals were for Ovechkin.

The pure emotion across the board, to a man was actually incredible. It was above an beyond the normal. Tears of happiness, and relief, as well, after such a long journey.

I think the Cup skate is better than in the past in that they've severely limited the folks milling around and clogging things up. You can see the players. The photographers are even required to wear black. The short skate isn't good.

As good as this season was, with the Vegas story and Ovi winning and scoring up, in the end, the NHL was the NHL. They let Ovechkin slash a Knight on a breakaway, a penalty all season long. Then, off a faceoff in the Washington zone very late, one of the Caps in open ice basically slew footed a Knight and got away with it. Surely Ovechkin and his teammate knew no penalty would be forthcoming. I'll never understand that mentality. And those weren't dinosaurs making the calls, but fairly young refs.

A brutal no call, it must be said.

Smith-Pelly already has implied that he won't.

Who gives two shits about what he thinks about Trump. I’m sure he thought Obuma was the best. Sadly mistaken he is.

No team should ever go to the White house, from any sport, during any presidency, past, present or future. No matter who is president, he/she has better things to be doing than fawning over, and mispronouncing the names of inconsequential, sweaty jocks. Presidents should be honoring philanthropists, Nobel prize winners, and other people who are making a real difference in society, not athletes.

Only problem is so many people look up to athletes and movie stars.

Who gives two shits about what he thinks about Trump. I’m sure he thought Obuma was the best. Sadly mistaken he is.

This definitely would have gotten me banned. But then again I would have criticized the "infallible" current president and that's why the ban hammer would fall.