Long Writeup on Dahlin

BullBuchanan

Nice article.

Did you catch the quote at the end where Hedberg says he wouldn't play him in the NHL next year?

No way he's not in the Sabres top 4 next year. They just better not give him Ristolainen minutes until he's ready!

Yep. But that article was written early last season. Before he was the top defender in the WJC & before he fully tore up the SHL.

DON'T give him Ristonainen minutes at 1st; but he'll likely be ready for top pairing by next October.

I think maybe the Sabres should hold off on clearing house. If this kid's as advertised, maybe it turns around the entire team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/big-read-rasmus-dahlin/

Welcome Mr. Bull.  With a user name like that you will fit in just fine ...  ;)

Welcome to the board!

Every Sabres fan interested in adding Dahlin to this team should read that article.

No time to read a long write up ... how about a 5 line summary?

Good article, thanks for sharing.

How about a 5 liner from you, eh?

Welcome Mr. Bull. With a user name like that you will fit in just fine ... ;)

No time to read a long write up ... how about a 5 line summary?

How about a 5 liner from you, eh?

He's just a nice, quiet kid who would be happy anywhere as long as he has a stick and a puck, and he happens to be the best player at that age any Swedish players and analysts have ever seen

Looking forward to seeing Dahlin in a Buffalo uniform. Maybe he can motivate Alex Nylander as well. This team can only go up in the standings. Couple of offseason moves and this team could and I say could be a wildcard team.

Dahlin has incredible speed and silky smooth moves...he looks like Eichel skating through people except he is a defensemen..he kind of reminds me of Phil Housley a litle bit...

Yep, I remember watching Housley as a kid growing up in Buffalo. We got rid of so many players way before they could reach their potential during the 80’s.

Dahlin has incredible speed and silky smooth moves...he looks like Eichel skating through people except he is a defensemen..he kind of reminds me of Phil Housley a litle bit...

He'd better be head & shoulders better than Housley was or he's a mistake at 1. Housley was BEYOND horrible in his own end.

Looking forward to seeing Dahlin in a Buffalo uniform. Maybe he can motivate Alex Nylander as well. This team can only go up in the standings. Couple of offseason moves and this team could and I say could be a wildcard team.

Yep, I remember watching Housley as a kid growing up in Buffalo. We got rid of so many players way before they could reach their potential during the 80’s.

Other than Ray Sheppard & Tom Barrasso, who was released in the '80's that reached his potential elsewhere? Guys that had been core players in the '70's like Gare and Schoenfeld were already known quantities. There were some terrible trades of those guys, but they didn't reach higher levels elsewhere.

And there should be an asterisk next to Barrasso because his approach to the game changed entirely (& understandably) when his daughter got diagnosed w/ leukemia.

I think maybe the Sabres should hold off on clearing house. If this kid's as advertised, maybe it turns around the entire team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/big-read-rasmus-dahlin/

Welcome to the board!

Although Bots would have to be careful what type of locker room Dahlin comes into.  The last thing we would want to bring the next generational talent into a toxic environment with a losers mentality.

Still clean house.  But thank our lucky stars we have a chance at this guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.