Congrats to Dave Andreychuk, HOFer

GASabresIUFAN

Big Dave, like Wowie, finally got the recognition they have longed deserved.  Now if we can only get Rico Martin in.

Question: We have been talking about our failed drafting in recent years.  However, only 3 HOFers have ever been drafted by the Sabres in nearly 50 years.  3!  Gilbert from our first draft and Dave and Wowie from 1982 - 35 years ago and that's all folks.

Who else might get the call someday?  Martin? Turgeon?  Mogilny? (probably) Miller? Ramsey? Ruff as a coach? Calle Johansson? Barassoo? Soupy?  Other then Martin and maybe Mogilny, none seem Hall worthy.  

I recall having to defend Andreychuk to other fans when he was with the Sabres....their complaint......he only scores PP goals

"Andreychoke."

You always think about what could have been had the Sabres not traded him when he was more than a point a game player in 92-93. And if Hasek had become the Dominator nine months earlier. And if Mogilny and LaFontaine hadn't gotten hurt.

Just Mogilny.

Correct, Alex.

"Andreychoke."

You always think about what could have been had the Sabres not traded him when he was more than a point a game player in 92-93. And if Hasek had become the Dominator nine months earlier. And if Mogilny and LaFontaine hadn't gotten hurt.

Biggest gripe with Muckler had to be his unending love affair with his aging Oilers of past glories.  I mean, the Chuck for Fuhr, really!!

Sabres have had two players in their history that belong in a true Hall of Fame and big Dave aint one of them.

Now in the Hall of Good for a Long Time, sure.

Under the current standards of the Hall, Rico is far more deserving than Dave.

He might have been the best goal-scorer left winger on the 70s.

Sabres have had two players in their history that belong in a true Hall of Fame and big Dave aint one of them.

I agree with Rico and generally with your GfaLT standard. At some point, such as when LT approaches 20 years, I reconsider. It would be interesting to come up with some other GfaLT names in the debate. I suspect you could rattle off ten names!

For Dave, the Cup (Captain) and his number 1 all time Power Play status pushed him over the top.

Oh, and I won a bet I made on the day he was traded, some 25 years ago. If I can only find the guy.

The 80s were hockey’s most entertaining decade, IMHO.

I used to work with Dave's dad summers at Stelco. Big gentle giant, like father like son. Got to play hockey once with big Dave in a pick up game. You really find out how bad you are when you get a chance to actually play with a (future at that time) NHLer.  Nice guy. 

Honestly think Martin should be in the hall more than Dave but good for Dave. 

All of the HOF's standards are too low IMO.  But then, there wouldn't be much interest if they only enshrined guys every 7-8 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.