Sabres Trying to Avoid Snap Decision with Reinhart

WildCard

Plus minus AND a sample size this small is a double no-no

Eye test >>>> stats when you're only handling a few games fresh in your memory IMO. Maybe that's unscientific. I haven't yet had to do rigorous statistical analysis yet so I may come back and yell at myself in a couple of years.

...if only the board knew what I did for a living.  :D

I totally agree that we can look at a million different stats, but they can never tell the whole story. Trust your eyes.

...and the only stat that really matters is wins and losses!

Very good article, and it reinforces what I think most here think:  he's not delivered as much as you'd like from someone drafted #2 overall, but he's shown plenty of flashes, with respectable overall production, in a terrible environment, and it would be foolish to give up on him at this point unless there is a major return coming back. 

Everyone has a higher opinion of the talent on this team than Pokey.

It's tough being the only one who is right  :P

The question with Kane is simple. You have decide between 1) he has matured and is now a hard working goal scorer and will give you that every year OR 2) he is the same old Kane as always, super talented but inconsistent and lazy as f### just putting in the effort for a new big contract.   So is it worth the risk? I don't think so. 

Really great read. Numerous posters around here have made many of these points just as eloquently, but there was something about reading in all together in an article like that, that soothed my slight early season angst on Sam a bit.

Very good article, and it reinforces what I think most here think:  he's not delivered as much as you'd like from someone drafted #2 overall, but he's shown plenty of flashes, with respectable overall production, in a terrible environment, and it would be foolish to give up on him at this point unless there is a major return coming back.

Exactly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.