This Season I'm Most Excited For...

WildCard

correct

Within 3 years of signing his big contract his production will decline and there will be questions raised about his commitment level.    Being in the center of the hockey universe in Toronto, this will get ugly.    I don't know that he'll drop to a 50pt player, but somewhere in the 25g/35a/60pt range within 3 years of his mega-deal.     He'll eventually be dealt to ARI where he'll resurrect his career, ableit briefly, before completely flaming out (drugs/alcohol a likely possibility) before the age of 30.

Is that specific enough for you?

I guess. I expect better from someone who boasts this stance every chance they get, though. ;)

correct

Within 3 years of signing his big contract his production will decline and there will be questions raised about his commitment level.    Being in the center of the hockey universe in Toronto, this will get ugly.    I don't know that he'll drop to a 50pt player, but somewhere in the 25g/35a/60pt range within 3 years of his mega-deal.     He'll eventually be dealt to ARI where he'll resurrect his career, ableit briefly, before completely flaming out (drugs/alcohol a likely possibility) before the age of 30.

Hahahaha. You are the best, Pi.

That's all fair. I still believe Jack will be as good if not better, but that imduvidual tier you speak of is definitely possible. I was speaking in absolutes for dramatic effect, but of course one can't know.

I do hope you saw my edit of a previous post, referring to Jack and Auston's assist discrepancy in their rookie years, as I truly believe they aren't close on a playmaking level. Matthews is more of a grinder, like Sid, which could very well lead to higher goal totals than Jack.

Agree with the grinding part and he is a lot bigger than Sid... heard recently he weight close to Ovi range 240. That's a bulldog type with good hockey sense. Hard to knock him off his skates and has a nose for the net. Not sure who he compares to stylistically. Maybe a shorter version of a young JVR... but not sure hmmm, Toews with lbs?

Got nothing on Pi going out on a limb.... guess go big or go home...

At this point you just can't change the Matthews avatar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.