2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

I'm rooting for Nashville, but I won't be upset if Pittsburgh wins. I was rooting for them last year and generally dislike them much less than my other Sabres friends.

I said before it started that I don't care who wins, I just want a great display of hockey and a fairly officiated series.

So far, the "display of hockey" has been putrid with the overturn and now this own goal. The "fair officiating" has been anything but. But that second goal was beautiful. Can't be upset about that one.

Why wouldn't the nhl want a wining franchise in Nashville.... I hate pitt always winning, and I have to admit I'm at work and haven't seen any yet, but is it that blatant.... Or are we just sick of seeing the same winning teams over and over, and may have some anti Pitt glasses?

Sure did. I'd be furious if I were a Preds fan (guess I kinda am right now). That goal reversal totally turned the game in the Pens favor. They were being run out of the bldg until that point.

Gary Buttman?

Preds goal disallowed. Then the Pens were given a full 2-minute 2-man advantage on a phantom first call (Horny simply slipped and fell down). Then Syd blatantly interferes on the 5-on-3, not called because he is Bettman's love child, then Pens first goal ...then total momentum shift.

Some bad luck on that late goal.

The only positive I can draw from watching this is that we now have JBOT, who I believe has his finger prints all over the Pens roster and coaching staff. Let's hope the Sabres can be in this situation sometime soon.

Can he have his checkbook all over the officials like Mario does now?

Why wouldn't the nhl want a wining franchise in Nashville.... I hate pitt always winning, and I have to admit I'm at work and haven't seen any yet, but is it that blatant.... Or are we just sick of seeing the same winning teams over and over, and may have some anti Pitt glasses?

Goals 2 and 3 were legit.  First Penguins goal was a gimme' from the refs.  Goal taken from Nashville was complete bs.  Still can't believe it was over turned.  

Preds goal disallowed. Then the Pens were given a full 2-minute 2-man advantage on a phantom first call (Horny simply slipped and fell down). Then Syd blatantly interferes on the 5-on-3, not called because he is Bettman's love child, then Pens first goal ...then total momentum shift.

Some bad luck on that late goal.

Lol, did you hear Keith Jones on the Crosby play? Says it was a continuation play so not a penalty. Any other player in the league a d they get called for that. NHL is pitiful.

I shut the game off after the reversed goal (which seemed blatantly inconclusive). The NHL made it clear to me that the agenda was set. I saw missed calls that could've been made on Pens, but at the moment I figured they were putting the whistles away for the game.

I asked my buddy who is still watching (Pens fan) who claims there was at least one BS call made on Preds, and then a couple blatant missed calls on Pens during the PP.

Glad I'm not watching. Disappointed in the NHL. This isn't WWF.

It was clearly offsides. Foot was in air.

Dumb challenge system, but right call within the crappy system was made.

If there is any doubt, a call is not to be over turned.  His foot was not clearly in the air.  

Edited by GoPre

It was clearly offsides. Foot was in air.

Dumb challenge system, but right call within the crappy system was made.

I don't mind the challenge for offsides. If the play is illegal, it should be overturned. This is what replay was intended for.

But that play looked inconclusive at worst.

His foot wasn't touching the ice.

There was no way anyone watching at home could tell if it was touching the ice or not. For you to say it was "clearly" off the ice is ridiculous.

How about that, now that it's 3-0 the refs decide to start calling penalties on the Pens.

Edited by Claude Balls

You're right. It's a conspiracy.

No, just a rulebook.  

NHL Public Relations

"If a review is not conclusive and/or there is any doubt whatsoever as to whether the call on the ice was correct, the on-ice Official(s) will be instructed to confirm their original call."

There was no way anyone watching at home could tell if it was touching the ice or not. For you to say it was "clearly" off the ice is ridiculous.

It was clear in the angles I saw. Someone else evidently agreed.

No, just a rulebook.  

NHL Public Relations

"If a review is not conclusive and/or there is any doubt whatsoever as to whether the call on the ice was correct, the on-ice Official(s) will be instructed to confirm their original call."[/size]

Evidently they felt it conclusive.

Well you must have one hell of a TV, because I couldn't tell at all on my large hi-def. And from what I've been reading in many other places, no one else could tell either.

My tv is 135 inches.

Like that one Mr. Burns has

No shots in second yet, wow

The Preds have dominated second period's all year. Not sure why, but I think the long change favors teams with really good, mobile defensemen (?).

To me, that flukey own-goal by Ekholm is the killer. Otherwise, we'd be at 2-1 with the Preds knocking on the door.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.