Was Justin Falk Our Third Best D-Man Last Year?

bob_sauve28

Justin Falk signed a 2 year / $1,300,000 contract with the Buffalo Sabres, including $1,300,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $650,000. In 2016-17, Falk will earn a base salary of $650,000, while carrying a cap hit of $650,000.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/f/falkju01.html#all_skaters_advanced

First thing: yes, this is really a thread for anyone that will ask.

Not much offense here but he added toughness, was pretty steady on defense. Not much else to add.

Edited by bob_sauve28

Falk was a pleasant surprise.

When I saw him in training camp,he looked like an utter disaster.

He actually held his own on the third pair.

If he's rarely in the lineup it's a good sign, but I'm pefectly fine with him as the 7/8.

Justin Falk signed a 2 year / $1,300,000 contract with the Buffalo Sabres, including $1,300,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $650,000. In 2016-17, Falk will earn a base salary of $650,000, while carrying a cap hit of $650,000.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/f/falkju01.html#all_skaters_advanced

First thing: yes, this is really a thread for anyone that will ask.

Not much offense here but he added toughness, was pretty steady on defense. Not much else to add.

Change the title to more than just his name. 

I don't know what JBOT is going to do but I thought Ex-GMTM's strategy might have been to make Falk expansion draft eligible so he could protect him, and thereby leave Bogosian unprotected, and make a deal with McPhee to either draft or take in a trade Bogosian and his 3 years of no-hockey-sense-over-paid-contract off Buffalo's hands. 

There are probably holes with that theory...

Anyway, Falk is a nice affordable 6/7 sort of guy, superior to Josh Gorges in every way. 

better?

yea, now I know what about Justin Falk made you think of him. 

Risto, McCabe, Falk. Yeah third best sounds about right.

:lol:  no he isn't... it isn't even close. Falk is worse than both Bogosian and Kulikov and maybe even Gorges.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.