Jack spies with his little eye...

PASabreFan

This just isn't how NHL GMs operate, though. They don't use offer sheets to improve their own team (hi Nikita Kucherov getting nothing), let alone to simply sabotage another team.

That's exactly what Edmonton did to us.

Eich will be richly compensated for playing a game he loves in a city that loves hockey.  Who could ask for anything more.  I believe he is and will continue to be doing everything possible to win a cup in Buffalo.

I do not think that he cares about the coach, the media and what is going on with ownership decisions and how Kane is treated in the media.  He has good friends here and he will want to stay.  I don't think he looks at anything else except his team-mates and the quest for the cup.

Eich will not be going anywhere.

I also believe that there really is a 'gentleman's agreement' in place concerning offer sheets.  I can't remember the last time one was offered ... was it Vanek, maybe Weber (and the league vetoed his, if I recall correctly).

If the quest for the cup is continually delayed because the team sucks, at some point he will want to leave.

Edited by Doohickie

Except for dudacek's and Thorny's comment on Kane and Reinhart, everyone else is avoiding the topic. What is on the ledger, left side and right side, in Jack's eyes?

How about ownership? He's a Pats fan. Do you think his observation of how the Pegulas run the Bills is a positive or a negative? Speaking of Kane, when Jack thinks about how Kane has been treated in Buffalo, is that a positive or a negative?

Honestly, I could foresee a scenario where Jack would become Officially Disgruntled with the Sabres, and complications could arise, if Bylsma remains on as coach for the foreseeable future. It's the very early stages, but my gut instinct is Bylsma and Jack don't mesh all that well, even beyond system issues. Others have listed the many reasons why Jack will stay, and will want to stay, in Buffalo. But I believe there is at least a decent chance the situation is contingent on Bylsma not being here long term.

So while I do see the groundwork layed for the situation to escalate, I really am not worried, owing to the fact that the player seemingly always wins these confrontations. Where is the money? Eichel is the $. If it comes to it, sacrificing Bylsma will be Pegula's deposit on keeping Jack long term, and he won't hesitate to pay that price.

That's exactly what Edmonton did to us.

You believe a Western Conference team sheeted Vanek for the sole purpose of borking our cap? I don't think so at all. They saw a situation they thought they could take advantage of to improve their team. They sheeted Vanek to a large sum because they thought we were too cheap to match.

You believe a Western Conference team sheeted Vanek for the sole purpose of borking our cap? I don't think so at all. They saw a situation they thought they could take advantage of to improve their team. They sheeted Vanek to a large sum because they thought we were too cheap to match.

I agree. Worth mentioning Vanek was YUGE that year; 42 goals, 84 points, and + a lot. Edmonton took a shot at getting one of the statistically best players "available" that off-season.

How about ownership? He's a Pats fan. Do you think his observation of how the Pegulas run the Bills is a positive or a negative? 

Oh, that's clearly important. I mean, why would he sign with Florida Panthers, Rangers/Islanders, or Sabres since the NFL team's in those cities have been unable to usurp Belicheck and Brady? Actually, by that logic he wouldn't sign anywhere but Boston or maybe Pittsburgh or Seattle. Oh wait, there is no NHL team in Seattle. 

What were we talking about again?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.