Our wish list for the 2017 draft...

Sabre fan

Not sure what WJ tourney Ink watched, but not the one I watched. Nylander was outstanding, and yes, at 18, you DO compare him to what other 18 year olds looked like. He looked better than a 20 year old Strome and a lot better than Keller (whom I watched closely cuz he was the player I wanted in Rd 1).

2018 1st + Nylander + Larsson / Girgs better ###### net me Karlsson

I probably didn't write that as clear as I should. I'm not trading Nylander, Asplund, Guhle and I might even add Pu to that list.

Hague doesn't excite me with a lottery pick. I'm not as familiar with the 3 Finnish D to be honest, though know they are all good 2 way dmen. But

Liljegren and Makar are both offensive dmen with high end puck moving abilities and game breaking abilities. A Bob Mckenzie article in December quoted a scout saying that if Makar was invited to the cdn Wjc try-outs would have been Canada's best D.

Liljegren came into the year as the #2 prospect but got mono and is just now rounding into form.

Size is his issue and Valamaki has both... rated in the top 10, top rated D,  and at the rate the Sabres are going will probably be in their turnstile unless they win the lottery... unlikely.

I would think all Sabres fans should care about this. Why wouldn't you?

I'm pretty sure ink is yelling about who gives a flying about what national team someone chooses.

But if he's not, I certainly don't fault anyone for not giving 2 shits and a about the draft anymore. The draft is the only thing that Sabres and bills fans look forward to, these days. We draft and then we wait...several years...and then do it again. No winning, no playoffs, just drafts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.