GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs Colorado Avalanche 10pm EST at Pepsi Center

jsb

Come on Ink, you been drinking again? They have no one better, except maybe Landeskog and he isn't even leading that team in points.

Hodgson, Ennis, Stafford and Ehrhoff were the leading scorers on that team. I'd take Landeskog, Duchesne, Barrie, McKinnon and Rantanan, over any of them.

Maybe there was something to this every team has lost following a bye thing

The Avs broadcast team mentioned that because almost every team coming out of the bye week lost they were looking at possibly having the entire western conference take their week then the entire eastern conference take theirs. Not sure how they'd work scheduling but this sounds like it would work to possibly mitigate any unfair advantage that may have existed this year due to the break.

The Avs broadcast team mentioned that because almost every team coming out of the bye week lost they were looking at possibly having the entire western conference take their week then the entire eastern conference take theirs. Not sure how they'd work scheduling but this sounds like it would work to possibly mitigate any unfair advantage that may have existed this year due to the break.

Can't see the NHL's "broadcast partners" willing to have all early games shut down for a week & then all late ones shut down for a week. Could see them possibly willing to have a division off at a single time. Then there would just be the 7th team in the western division that doesn't get Vegas to have to play a team not coming off a bye.

Gorges should be GONE.  He is horrendous -  someone mentioned his instrumental role in Colorado's opening goal - I had just fast forwarded thru most of that game, so I went back and watched...

That pass of Gorges' was terrible.   He put it right on the Avalanche player's stick.  

And then to compound it - he regained possession of the puck in the Buffalo zone -and promptly had it taken away from him in a one on one, and that set up the score by Colorado a few seconds later. 

That guy should not be wearing an "A" -  that sends a terrible message to the younger players.  Excellence should be standard.   If Excellence isn't standard for a player, then that player shouldn't be anointed with high status.  If I were Bylsma or someone in charge at that team, I'd yank Gorges' "A" so fast his damn head would spin!   And I'd give him a good verbal dressing down too -  so he knows that excellence is the minimum standard!

Edited by Jsixspd

Gorges should be GONE. He is horrendous - someone mentioned his instrumental role in Colorado's opening goal - I had just fast forwarded thru most of that game, so I went back and watched...

That pass of Gorges' was terrible. He put it right on the Avalanche player's stick.

And then to compound it - he regained possession of the puck in the Buffalo zone -and promptly had it taken away from him in a one on one, and that set up the score by Colorado a few seconds later.

That guy should not be wearing an "A" - that sends a terrible message to the younger players. Excellence should be standard. If Excellence isn't standard for a player, then that player shouldn't be anointed with high status. If I were Bylsma or someone in charge at that team, I'd yank Gorges' "A" so fast his damn head would spin! And I'd give him a good verbal dressing down too - so he knows that excellence is the minimum standard!

This just doesn't happen until complete dysfunction

Hope you had fun and didn't watch much of the game.

Mostly fun; I ended up sitting next to a group of guys who were stationed in Kansas but flew out to Denver for the game (one was from Buffalo).  They were fun to talk to and there were a ton of Sabres fans overall at the arena, so it was pretty cool to hear several loud chants from them.  However...

About halfway through the second period, this couple wanders in to join their friends in the row ahead of us.  First, the attire: the girl is wearing a super low-cut tank top under a flannel, with high-waisted denim shorts over tights (not leggings) and a tuque.  It was in the teens and 20s outside, and I was cold sitting in my seat with my jacket still on.  (Stop judging, bio, a hockey fan is a hockey fan...)

Then the boyfriend walks by with these ridiculous black skinny jeans on.  He takes his hat off and it looks like he hasn't washed his hair in a few days -- gross.  (Stop judging, bio, they're probably nice people...)

A little kid in a Sabres jersey in the section next to us shouts "Let's Go Buffalo!" and the girl promptly yells "###### you!"  She inexplicably turns around and apologizes to us, saying she didn't realize it was a child (as if it would've been okay otherwise?).

For the entirety of the second intermission and third period, they occupy themselves by attempting to catch popcorn thrown by their friends in their mouths, expressing amazement at the skinny dirty one's gloves, taking selfies, and snapchatting.  In the process of this, they're also frequently obstructing our view of the goal.  I think at one point the guy might've asked me if I could move to another seat so they could get a selfie without anyone behind them (seriously), but I didn't hear him clearly since he was too busy posing for his phone to address me directly, and they decided to take their picture on an angle facing towards the (many) empty seats to my right.

I'm pretty sure they thought they were being sly and tried to get me in a few of their stupid snapchat videos, and while I took the high road and attempted to ignore them, I really wish I'd just smiled and flipped them the bird for one of those stupid pictures.

I almost lost it when they both stood up and started dabbing after the Avs scored the empty netter.

On the way out of the arena, a scuffle and shouting match broke out between some Sabres and Avs fans, and security stepped in to separate them.  I hadn't seen what happened and didn't assume who was at fault, but the guy behind me (who probably also never saw what happened) said "yeah, throw 'em out!  New York fans are the worst."  I turned around and told him to piss off.

(I swear I actually didn't have as terrible a time as it sounds from this recount.)

Edited by biodork

No one within 300 miles of Buffalo would be call themselves a new york fans. Most would take high offense.

Yeah I thought of that, too... kinda stupid for him to choose that description, although I could tell he wasn't sober and didn't feel like arguing the point.

Hodgson, Ennis, Stafford and Ehrhoff were the leading scorers on that team. I'd take Landeskog, Duchesne, Barrie, McKinnon and Rantanan, over any of them.

What you said is that the Av's have 4 players on their team that are better than any Sabre. So basically you were saying that Eichel, Kane, Rhino, ROR would be the 5th best player on the AV's?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.