Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Wonder if Taylor is playing with an 'attitude' after the team traded Watkins?  We know the trade didn't make him happy.

He's far from being a great QB, but he's usually never this bad.   He made Ryan Fitzpatrick's 40 rating yesterday look good by comparison.    

Wonder if Taylor is playing with an 'attitude' after the team traded Watkins? We know the trade didn't make him happy.

He's far from being a great QB, but he's usually never this bad. He made Ryan Fitzpatrick's 40 rating yesterday look good by comparison.

You raise a fair point, I think.

Taylor had developed timing with a trio of receivers who aren't here anymore. Maybe he just needs some time. He's not THAT bad.

Also, I think he needs more pistol formations.

Don't remember it it was here or not, but I'm certain that I was laughed at when bortles was drafted and I called him Blaine gabbert.

Blake Bortles, Blane Gambert, Carson Wentz. Not good QB names. Derek Carr, solid QB name. 

I'd use 2 picks in this draft on QB. a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd depending on how things shake out. The other picks in the first 3 rounds I draft all the offensive lineman and maybe 1 WR. So 2QB, 3OL, 1WR with those top 6 picks. 

Blake Bortles, Blane Gambert, Carson Wentz. Not good QB names. Derek Carr, solid QB name.

I'd use 2 picks in this draft on QB. a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd depending on how things shake out. The other picks in the first 3 rounds I draft all the offensive lineman and maybe 1 WR. So 2QB, 3OL, 1WR with those top 6 picks.

Bortles and gabbert are the same guy. No one cared about either until a month before the draft. Then they both shot up draft boards while continuing to be unimpressive and incredibly bland. They are an American cheese sandwich on plain white bread with the crusts cut off.

Bortles and gabbert are the same guy. No one cared about either until a month before the draft. Then they both shot up draft boards while continuing to be unimpressive and incredibly bland. They are an American cheese sandwich on plain white bread with the crusts cut off.

and they have crappy names... telling ya, theory isn't terrible. 

And David Carr?

Derek Carr, He has a solid name. 

A good name doesn't guarantee you will be good but a bad name means you will suck. Drew Breez, Matt Ryan, Aaron Roger, Tom Brady all solid qb names. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This 2017 Bills season brought to you by Russ Brandon.

No coaching search.

No GM search.

No attempt to improve the QB position.

Trading away talent for scraps.

Sean Jauron likes to punt the ball, just like Brandon's other head coach picks in Rex and Marrone.

A good name doesn't guarantee you will be good but a bad name means you will suck. Drew Breez, Matt Ryan, Aaron Roger, Tom Brady all solid qb names. 

But David Carr is...almost the same?

Either way, I'm happy with these Bills.

Solid coaching search

Got their GM with a good reputation

Brought back their starting QB, brought in TJ Yates as a proven backup, and drafted another one in attempts to imrpove the QB position

Traded away talent they couldn't sign for picks in a rebuilding year

But David Carr is...almost the same?

Either way, I'm happy with these Bills.

Solid coaching search

Got their GM with a good reputation

Brought back their starting QB, brought in TJ Yates as a proven backup, and drafted another one in attempts to imrpove the QB position

Traded away talent they couldn't sign for picks in a rebuilding year

WHo the hell is David Carr? 

The point is that Derek Carr has a solid name and therefore can be a good QB. If his name was David Carloserman... nah man, he gonna suck. 

WHo the hell is David Carr? 

The point is that Derek Carr has a solid name and therefore can be a good QB. If his name was David Carloserman... nah man, he gonna suck. 

Wait, you really don't know who David Carr is? 

Wait, you really don't know who David Carr is? 

Yes he was a QB but we are talking about Derek Carr, his brother I believe. 

Again a good name doesn't guarantee that you will be good. Just that a bad name will mean you are bad. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Yates stinks. That last throw announcer said was a miscommunication, but an obvious misread on a DB sitting on the under route. The reciever saw it and adjusted. QB has to make that read. Even Peterman could have made that adjustment. Not sure Yates makes the final cut.

Edited by North Buffalo

Yeah but we were comparing names to QB talent

Derek Carr => great QB, great name

David Carr => crap QB, almost the same name as Derek Carr though

You are missing the point. A good QB name means you CAN be good. A bad QB name means you just will be bad. It's just a fun theory, not sure why you are up in arms dissecting it. 

You are missing the point. A good QB name means you CAN be good. A bad QB name means you just will be bad. It's just a fun theory, not sure why you are up in arms dissecting it. 

Really I was just pulling your leg. Found it funny that they have the same name, but one is so good and one so bad

Really I was just pulling your leg. Found it funny that they have the same name, but one is so good and one so bad

do you understand why that doesn't matter? Like the theory is just a joke about how QB's with bad names are never good. 

Edited by LGR4GM

If only you knew their names (Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers) :nana:

Yeah but we were comparing names to QB talent

Derek Carr => great QB, great name

David Carr => crap QB, almost the same name as Derek Carr though

Let's face it, Derek sounds tough and bad ass with its hard consonants. Dave sounds like the produce manager at Piggly Wiggly.

according to @PFF Peterman was 9-12 for 160 yds with clean pocket last night and 1-8 for 7 yards when under pressure

Sounds like a typical Bills QB such as Losman, Edwards, EJ Manuel, and Tuel. When the bullets start flying he turns into in a pumpkin. Just praying that they hire someone in the next 10 years who understands modern passing and QB play.

Edited by jeffismagic

Back to QB names. If the QB has a name that could be the lead character in an action movie, he'll be a good QB. If he doesn't, crap QB.

Is there a Lincoln Hawk available in next year's draft? If so, draft the outta that guy.

Back to QB names. If the QB has a name that could be the lead character in an action movie, he'll be a good QB. If he doesn't, crap QB.

Is there a Lincoln Hawk available in next year's draft? If so, draft the ###### outta that guy.

Sam Darnold. Yes.

Josh Rosen. No.

Josh Allen. No.

Baker Mayfield. Yes.