Hammy: Eichel's outburst was 'staged'

PASabreFan

Hammy's eventual conclusion seems to be based on Eichel's delayed reaction that may have been timed to media presence. He's been around a long time and seen a lot of lockerroom drama, so I think his opinion carries weight. Maybe there's a suspicion that there's more to the story than a tantrum about losing. I'm thinking player revolt against the coach.

Ok ok, bad taste :ph34r:

Hammy's eventual conclusion seems to be based on Eichel's delayed reaction that may have been timed to media presence. He's been around a long time and seen a lot of lockerroom drama, so I think his opinion carries weight. Maybe there's a suspicion that there's more to the story than a tantrum about losing. I'm thinking player revolt against the coach.

I actually agree with you. 

And if Jack did it on purpose to try to get Bylsma fired, then I like Jack even more. 

I also think there could be something more to it.

It could just be Jack being a little peevish, selfish in the moment (two straight losses to Boston), and wanting it known how angry he is/was. Or it could be something more, as you suggest.

Troll much???

I can't tell if this was meant in jest.

I actually agree with you. 

And if Jack did it on purpose to try to get Bylsma fired, then I like Jack even more. 

Hear, hear!

Jack also said after the following game that "sometimes the best defense is a good offense" sooooooo, dots to connect!

Yasss!

I listen to the show most of Tuesday morning while driving when all 4 where on GR (Peters-Rivet-Biron-Hamilton). The summation of what I got from them was:

Try harder.

Suck it up.

Don't show emotion because opposing teams will use it against you.

Never once did they get coaching involved , it was all on the player(s) to do better. I found it very strange they never critiqued the coaches action/response to it at all. It was  Nolan-esque of *more compete* cliches from them.

I'm not sure if Jack's outburst was staged and I will give Hamilton the benefit of the doubt, but their show was most definitely staged in favor of Dan.

Chances that Jack has been in communication with Crosby or Mallon?

I had googled crosby vs blysma before, just a sample

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/sidney-crosby-denies-rift-with-head-coach-dan-bylsma/

and if they did maybe Crosby told him how to try and avoid this..

http://nypost.com/2015/12/23/sidney-crosby-is-a-coach-killer-there-we-said-it/

Edited by Woods-Racer

Yeah... but if the delay was that an owner had to have an informal chat with Jack, about just how good his baseball card collection is, how great his car collection is, and how cool it is to "own" your own lake in the Adirondacks, then Jack's reaction makes a whole lot more sense.

"Jack, do you like movies about gladiators?"

I listen to the show most of Tuesday morning while driving when all 4 where on GR (Peters-Rivet-Biron-Hamilton). The summation of what I got from them was:

Try harder.

Suck it up.

Don't show emotion because opposing teams will use it against you.

Never once did they get coaching involved , it was all on the player(s) to do better. I found it very strange they never critiqued the coaches action/response to it at all. It was  Nolan-esque of *more compete* cliches from them.

I'm not sure if Jack's outburst was staged and I will give Hamilton the benefit of the doubt, but their show was most definitely staged in favor of Dan.

The fact that that's their only take on the state of the team is an indictment on all of them.

I have rarely felt effort was the issue this year.

That Peters and Rivet feel it is the solution speaks more to the mindset of the average hockey player than anything else.

I might have thought that Rivet was a brighter light than Peters. If only because Peters is so dim and dull. I think I would have been wrong to think that.

This seems logical to me. IF Eichel did indeed time the reaction so it synced up with the media, that would be my first guess as to why. He certainly doesn't strike me as an attention hog who did it for the spotlight it would create.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.