Will Byslma be the HC Next Year?

WildCard

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will DD Be the HC Next Season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but he won't make it through the year

The only way he isn't is if we have a 4-5 game stretch like the games in Brooklyn. Which is possible, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I still want him gone today. 

Struggling to start the season next year, unless we make the playoffs this year, will end his time here.

Winning and not being historically bad at offense will let him stay as long as he wants.

The only way he isn't is if we have a 4-5 game stretch like the games in Brooklyn. Which is possible, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I still want him gone today. 

Struggling to start the season next year, unless we make the playoffs this year, will end his time here.

Winning and not being historically bad at offense will let him stay as long as he wants.

I will quibble with the last line, because you have not defined what winning means. I think if we could see into the deep recesses of GMTM's brain, past the bathtubs full of poutine and the chubby ref anime, we'd see a plan to get rid of Bylsma once the Sabres reached a certain threshold of contendability.

I will quibble with the last line, because you have not defined what winning means. I think if we could see into the deep recesses of GMTM's brain, past the bathtubs full of poutine and the chubby ref anime, we'd see a plan to get rid of Bylsma once the Sabres reached a certain threshold of contendability.

Being a 2-3 seed in the Atlantic division next season and then a division winner ECF team the season after? I'm not sure. 

I do think that Bylsma was always going to be the guy that got fired mid-season for our Mike Sullivan. Or Dan Bylsma.  :wacko:

Yes, but it seems the time table of contend-ability (auto corrected) may be the tipping factor for an earlier dismissal.  They seem to be regressing this year. GMTM's deep recesses where not factoring in just how bad this team could/would play for stretches under DDB because he didn't think that it was a reasonable possibility and plan accordingly.

Yes.

Due in part to the injuries and roster issues this season, but mainly due to the fact that he is a good coach.

+1 You are not alone brother and no I am not your Cain. 

Plus I don't think GMTM's firing list will include "he makes Drunkard  :sick: sick  :sick: "

Edited by jsb

This thread needs a poll. Anyway, I say yes. This time next year? Mayhaps not.

Did the Trump election not make you distrustful of polls???

Dang that WASN'T A POLITICAL STATEMENT...... I swear  :P  :P  :P

Edited by jsb

+1 You are not alone brother and no I am not your Cain. 

Plus I don't think GMTM's firing list will include "he makes Drunkard  :sick: sick  :sick: "

I doubt the call even goes to Murray anymore. This organization now has the snake oil salesman's stink on it. Russ Brandon will keep DB just to keep satisfying the Pegula fetish with Pittsburgh (except for the winning part of course).  

I'm interested to hear your defense of him

OK.

Due to multiple injuries and a roster that is somewhat lacking the type of player he needs, he was not able to play the system he prefers ... dump and chase and grind it out, with enough skill players (which I think he has here now) to finish the scoring chances generated, with a goalie that can more than hold his own as the final line of defence, while the defence have enough mobility and are skilled enough to get the puck up ice and contribute to the scoring.

OK.

Due to multiple injuries and a roster that is somewhat lacking the type of player he needs, he was not able to play the system he prefers ... dump and chase and grind it out, with enough skill players (which I think he has here now) to finish the scoring chances generated, with a goalie that can more than hold his own as the final line of defence, while the defence have enough mobility and are skilled enough to get the puck up ice and contribute to the scoring.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?!

OK.

My rebuttal would be that there are stretches where he has had a fully healthy roster, and still played the same style or had the same results, losing and losing badly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.