Worst trade in Sabres history

GASabresIUFAN

As much as I hated that trade at the time, it actually worked out pretty good for the Sabres. Foligno is an all time Sabres great and Peterson effectively replaced Don Luce on the checking line for several years. 

Mike Ramsey for Bob Errey is the trade I thought was the worst.

Yeah but that one was a favor to Mike.

In honor of the terrible game tonight against the Bruins I thought I'd review that two terrible trades we have made with Boston.

We have reviewed the McNab trade earlier, but we also traded Danny Paille to them for a 3rd and a conditional 4th. Paille went on to play 6 solid seasons for the Bruins while we got Kevin Sundher.

In honor of the terrible game tonight against the Bruins I thought I'd review that two terrible trades we have made with Boston.

We have reviewed the McNab trade earlier, but we also traded Danny Paille to them for a 3rd and a conditional 4th. Paille went on to play 6 solid seasons for the Bruins while we got Kevin Sundher.

Paille was not going to be what he became in Buffalo. He was a first round pick with high expectations and terrible mitts. He needed to go somewhere that didn't need him to produce offense and he could just play hit game which was skating and a little hitting.

Somewhere out there GoDD is reading this post and smiling. 

I miss you, my friend.

In honor of the Ottawa OT loss, I want to highlight a couple of trades with the Sens.

1) Robin Lehner & David Legwand for Colin White - Lehner is our starting goalie for the foreseeable future. White looks like a future star, but so far so good.

2) Cole Schneider and other AHL players acquired from Sens for 3 AHLs. Williamsvile native earning a look see in Buffalo.

3) Rob Ray traded to the Sens for future considerations. Sabres were giving Ray a chance at a Cup run.

I'm highlighting these deals because Lehner played well tonight against his old club, Schneider got called up and earned his first NHL point, and Ray called the game tonight standing between his old clubs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.